How many calories to eat?

Options
I'm female. 5'0. 159lbs. Work a desk job 8 hours a day. My goal weight is 120-130. I set MFP to lose 1lb/week.

It says 1200 calories a day.. I wish!

Replies

• Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Use a calorie calculator (google it) to calculate your daily maintenance and pick a number and stick with it for a week. If you're losing 2 to 3lbs in a eek then it's good. Losing none, lower number.

I believe you can change your calorie goals in the settings.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but you can eat back workout calories.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm female. 5'0. 159lbs. Work a desk job 8 hours a day. My goal weight is 120-130. I set MFP to lose 1lb/week.

It says 1200 calories a day.. I wish!

I plugged your numbers into Scooby's calculator (http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/) but had to guess your age so I may have been wrong...but I don't think age makes that much of a difference.

Your estimated TDEE based on a lightly active modifier (because you did not mention exercise but most people are not truly sedentary) is 1596 per day (15% cut from TDEE)...(1876 to maintain weight)

You could use that number and not eat back exercise calories or use MFP's 1200 and eat back exercise calories...either way it should work out to about the same weight loss/calorie intake.