Have fun but don't let Cinco de Mayo derail you

2»

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    the man is outta town for work and I have no one to drive me for margaritas.

sad, sad holly.

(can i stay at home and drink them out of a spaghetti jar?)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Many people in the US celebrate Cinco de Mayo as a day of indulgence, usually with high calorie foods and alcohol. Many don't even know why the holiday exists, but justifies the party that goes with it. Alcohol plays a big part in it and contributes to your calorie goal. Excess within control. Have fun, but be safe.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

High-horse.jpg

perfect
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member

sad, sad holly.

Please have three. If I didn't see you in this thread, I was going to Betelgeuse you in and tell you to celebrate with 3 margaritas.

• kristenonly
    kristenonly Posts: 36 Member
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I think it's odd so many Americans choose to celebrate days that have roots in countries they have no ties to. I know so many people in my area who are dead set against immigration policies because they don't want more illegal Mexicans in the country, yet they are the first ones out at the bars drinking it up and munching on nachos on Cinco de Mayo. lol wut?
    lol wut? Mexicans following immigration policies wouldn't be illegal.

Cinco de Mayo is simply a marketing holiday. As if I need another reason to eat Tex-Mex and drink tequila.

Whoosh!!! Went right over her head. Lmao!!!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    We're going out for tacos and cervezas tonight. Already budgeted the calories!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

sad, sad holly.

Please have three. If I didn't see you in this thread, I was going to Betelgeuse you in and tell you to celebrate with 3 margaritas.

Only if you spread them out over multiple meals. Haven't you learned anything, you drunk gluttons? ;)

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    I have 1300 calories left for chips, cheese dip and tacos tonight. Yum!
    We usually don't celebrate, not being Mexican or having any connection to Mexico. But some friends invited us out with them and we like both friends and Mexican food.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    God I love my mfp friends lol.

Okay, if you wanna celebrate, do it! Eat all the cheese dips, drink all the margaritas, and do the mexican hat dance all day. Just be safe with your celebrations, and have a dd or taxi ready if you need it, don't drink and drive!!
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Many don't even know why the holiday exists, but justifies the party that goes with it.

So it's like most holidays then...?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Jagerin wrote: »
    Many don't even know why the holiday exists, but justifies the party that goes with it.

Pretty much!
  • Jagerin
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Pretty much!

Like how everyone (not literally, of course) is Irish on St. Patrick's Day.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I had chicken enchiladas for lunch and tacos for dinner.

Any excuse for Mexican food.
  • Jagerin
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    DirrtyH wrote: »
    Many people in the US celebrate Cinco de Mayo as a day of indulgence, usually with high calorie foods and alcohol. Many don't even know why the holiday exists, but justifies the party that goes with it. Alcohol plays a big part in it and contributes to your calorie goal. Excess within control. Have fun, but be safe.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

It's my birthday. You're welcome, everyone!

SAME! Happy Birthday! May your day contain cake and (responsible amounts of) alcohol. :smiley: Mine definitely will be

giphy.gif

Me three.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Taco salad for us. Not the least bit authentic, but it's in our usual rotation and relatively low cal.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Meh. I had an 850-calorie Mexican feast (850 calories is my guess based off estimating portions). When considering the four miles I walked around my university today (additional 300-ish calories), I have 500 extra calories of wiggle room for any miscalculations.

Overall, it was a pretty successful day, and the food was amazing. All I needed to do was simply eat less for breakfast and lunch and move a bit more. CICO. <3
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    W

Of course we're partying just as much on MLK Day, President's Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Good Friday. ;)

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    I don't get it...

SinkoDeMayo-400.gif