I'm Done. 120 lbs gone. Farewell MFP, and Thanks for the Memories!

Options
mgibbons22
mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I lost 100 lbs in eight months, and then another 20 lbs in six months. I'm done. Lessons learned? What worked for me (not necessarily you)? Here ya go:
  1. CICO? A myth. Clean eating is what it's all about. We all know what clean eating is; don't be a d-bag and deny it. Actually, of course CICO is the key. (some really funny stuff here removed by mod).
  2. IIFYM is hogwash. 2000 calories of ice cream = 2000 calories of fruit, veg, and lean protein? Please. <head pat>
  3. ***Buy a scale. Log EVERYTHING and weigh everything. Absolutely crucial.***
  4. If you're impatient and want to lose 12.5 lbs a month like I did, do some light lifting at least. I went from a massive and powerful fat guy to a skeletal wimp. But now I'm dating hot chicks, so there's that.
  5. Have some self discipline, for crying out loud. I'm a single dad, and I fed my kid chicken wings, tacos, pizza, candy, and beer (well, not beer) all the time and I resisted. Occasionally, I would deny myself tap water when thirsty just to improve my self discipline. And now I'm dating hot chicks.
  6. Consistency. I had (and still essentially have) the same meals every day: BREAKFAST: 100 grams frosted mini wheats, 1 cup almond milk, 1 egg. LUNCH: Chicken breast or pork chop, 2.5 cups Romaine lettuce, 2 tablespoons 30 cal Italian dressing, 5 ounces Greek yogurt, 9 strawberries. DINNER: Chicken breast, pork chop, fish, or small steak, 5 ounces of a green vegetable. I walk 2 miles at lunch, and 3 miles after dinner.
  7. You are not a mean, condescending, little (removed by mod) just because you tell the truth on forums. You are a lover of all mankind. Just go upstairs and ask your mom.

Replies

• jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    well done on the 120lb loss thats brilliant! enjoy dating those hot chicks!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.

Your post, however, is wrong.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    8/10 would read again.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    why leave MFP if logging is the key...what about maintenance...

Oh and most of your post is hogwash...fyi.

editing cause just not sure if that is sarcasm font....hmmmm will stay tuned.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure if you're being serious or not, but if you are-you're not done, you're just starting. Weight loss is for a pretty short amount of time, maintenance is for the rest of your life-20, 30, 40+ years. I've found that maintenance is actually more challenging than the active weight loss phase. And with the dismal success rate for long term success-lots of people are really good at the weight loss part and really, really bad at the successful maintenance part.

Congrats on your loss, but now is the time to re-evaluate, set new goals and keep at it :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you don't give your kids beer.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mgibbons22 wrote: »
    I lost 100 lbs in eight months, and then another 20 lbs in six months. I'm done. Lessons learned? What worked for me (not necessarily you)? Here ya go:
    1. CICO? A myth. Clean eating is what it's all about. We all know what clean eating is; don't be a d-bag and deny it. Actually, of course CICO is the key.
    2. IIFYM is hogwash. 2000 calories of ice cream = 2000 calories of fruit, veg, and lean protein? Please. <head pat>
    3. ***Log EVERYTHING and weigh everything. Absolutely crucial.***
    4. If you're impatient and want to lose 12.5 lbs a month like I did, do some light lifting at least. I went from a massive and powerful fat guy to a skeletal wimp. But now I'm dating hot chicks, so there's that.
    5. Have some self discipline, for crying out loud. I'm a single dad, and I fed my kid chicken wings, tacos, pizza, candy, and beer (well, not beer) all the time and I resisted. Occasionally, I would deny myself tap water when thirsty just to improve my self discipline. And now I'm dating hot chicks.
    6. Consistency. I had (and still essentially have) the same meals every day: BREAKFAST: 100 grams frosted mini wheats, 1 cup almond milk, 1 egg. LUNCH: Chicken breast or pork chop, 2.5 cups Romaine lettuce, 2 tablespoons 30 cal Italian dressing, 5 ounces Greek yogurt, 9 strawberries. DINNER: Chicken breast, pork chop, fish, or small steak, 5 ounces of a green vegetable. I walk 2 miles at lunch, and 3 miles after dinner.
    7. You are not a mean, condescending just because you tell the truth on forums. You are a lover of all mankind. Just go upstairs and ask your mom.

Job well done, you did what worked for you, too bad you're not sticking around to share maintenance, but you gotta do what you gotta do. :D

However, clean eating has nothing to do with weight loss, and IIFYM is what it really is all about (but I would not eat 2000 calories in ice cream either). :)

Finally, me thinks you are using some humor to try and get a rise out of somebody..... :D
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Believe me, as someone who has probably lost over a 1000 pounds in her lifetime, just because you lost the weight doesn't mean it won't come right back on!!! Don't say Farewell to MFP or you will be right back here with more than few of those lost pounds with you. I have yo-yo dieted probably since I was 11 or 12 years old and learned the hard way never to say "100 pounds gone forever". Keep doing what you are doing and don't take your eye off the ball.... it'll smack you in the face.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    u do what works for. I have "not needed" mfp for about couple of years now, (lost track) but still log everyday and post every day, over 1k streak now...:0).. as long as you maintain what you're doing more power to ya. I don't need to be here anymore but i'm part of a regular discussion group and I guess they think of me as a mentor so I try to encourage, help and give suggestions when they ask. good luck and wish you all the best
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Bye :)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hahaha no.

Congrats on the weight loss tho. That's bada**
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    CICO? A myth. Clean eating is what it's all about. We all know what clean eating is; don't be a d-bag and deny it. Actually, of course CICO is the key.

*Pats OP on the head*
  • ciacyrus29
    ciacyrus29 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.
    Thank you for your "words of wisdom"
    But I agree - you've only just started the next chapter in your life called Maintenance.
    If you want to continue dating hot chicks - you'll continue to log and maintain this wonderful new you.
    Whatever you do in live - much success :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Haha. This post made my day. So jokes.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif
  • tthoma5201
    tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This post is hilarious! Congratulations! Love the just go upstairs and ask your mom part! :D
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    One thing you didn't learn was what IIFYM actually is.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    mgibbons22 wrote: »
    1. CICO? A myth. Clean eating is what it's all about. We all know what clean eating is; don't be a d-bag and deny it. Actually, of course CICO is the key. (some really funny stuff here removed by mod).
    3. ***Buy a scale. Log EVERYTHING and weigh everything. Absolutely crucial.***
    7. You are not a mean, condescending, little (removed by mod) just because you tell the truth on forums. You are a lover of all mankind. Just go upstairs and ask your mom.

Nice to have known you. Who are you?