Not really new, but...

Options
Hello! I've been lurking around on here for a while (about 10 months), occasionally posting and adding people, but I haven't really made effort to befriend anyone. So I'm looking for some friends!

My name is Peggy, I'm 28 and about halfway to my goal. I've been plateaued for a while now, so I'm trying to shake things up with my exercise routine. I do a lot of walking, circuit training type exercises, HIIT, and I've just started C25k. This evening will be my second run.

Besides exercising, I love reading (fantasy, thriller, and classics mostly), cooking, hiking, and movies (action movies are my go-to).

Don't be shy, introduce yourselves!! :)

Replies

• FeelinChastastic
    Options
    I've been doing the C25K app as well. I was all the way to week 7 day 2 when I went on vacation a few weeks ago and haven't touched it since. I'm very displeased with myself, but I'm determined to pick it back up this evening. I think I'll restart on week 4 though. It's definitely a helpful app for someone like me who hasn't ever really enjoyed running. Hope you like it! :)
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request :) I'm Laurie, 25, and I'm basically in the same boat, I've been on MFP for about a year and occasionally posting on the success stories posts but I'm also recommitting to my health, 2013 is the year :)
  • raymondstott
    Options
    Just reading upon c25k and I must admit it sounds like something I can get into, will have to give it a go and see, happy to add more friends.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just finished my second run! That wasn't so bad.. Haha. I downloaded the Endomondo app, so I can track distance and route as well. It syncs with MFP which is nice.

Laurie, that should be in caps!! 2013 is The Year!!! :) Thanks for the add!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I started with the C25K last year after a lost a large chunk of weight and loved it. I've signed up to run one of the roughest 10Ks in the area next month since I promised myself I would when I started this journey. I'm doing Insanity right now to get my endurance up in preparation. I'm definitely seeing results.

I'm a huge nerd and love reading (just finished Wheel of Time and am now reading Secret Identity Crisis: Comic Books and the Unmasking of Cold War America, which is fascinating), gaming (video and tabletop) and movies (I love old film noirs, sci fi and documentaries).
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am doing C25K too. And our interests seem pretty close. Except for the cooking part. I love cooking but it doesn't seem to love me. Unrequited love, you see. It's so sad. :brokenheart: Anyway, feel free to add me. :)
  • Beachchic1977
    Beachchic1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have been lurking for a while, but have finally taken the step to take this a bit more seriously. So far so good! My daughter and i have downloaded the app and found a group at a nearby school for c25k.
    Best of luck...feel free to add
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just finished my second run! That wasn't so bad.. Haha. I downloaded the Endomondo app, so I can track distance and route as well. It syncs with MFP which is nice.
    Hey, I'm Jasmine. I LOVE the Endomondo app, it's so handy for tracking my walks/runs :)
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your run! I am a runner too. I respect your journey! Good luck and would love to share motivation!