Healthy meals help!

I'm 18 and still live with my mother and 2 younger brothers, due to my brothers being 6 and 11 years old most foods my mum buys are processed frozen foods, we still have certain vegetables and soups but I'm limited on what meals I can make. Are there any simple recipes you can share? Or any websites that give simple healthy recipes, I'm open to try any new foods. (:

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    skinnytaste.com
    pinterest
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Do you have a job? Pitch in with the shopping. Or, ask your mother if she can include healthier opitions in her grocery lists.

As far as the brothers go, there's no reason they can't all be included in a healthier lifestyle, even if not losing weight.

Also know that you can have processed "junk" so long as you're within your calorie goal and attempt to meet your macros. Don't think of any food as good or bad. It's food. It fuels you. It's all good!

Good luck!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Just in case you didn't see it, there is a whole message board filled with recipes:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    All of the above are perfect replies ^^^ <3
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Just add vegetables and reduce the amount of processed food on your plate. My daughter likes breaded chicken breasts and Salisbury steak. I get those frozen (probably about once every 2 weeks or so I'm too busy to cook properly, so they're an emergency staple in my freezer) and add fresh green beans and some brown rice - both of which are cheap - and we're off to a healthy meal, even if I didn't do everything from scratch. Read the serving sizes on the packaging and do the right portion control and everything works out fine.
  • DaniHeat
    DaniHeat Posts: 10 Member
    These replies were really helpful! <3 I'm new to dieting and need all the help I can get
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    I feed a hungry husband and an even hungrier 10yr old girl (very similar to a 6yr old and an 11yr old in many many ways!)

My go to meal is really quick, simple and cheap. Choose one form of protein (can be fresh or cook from frozen). My favourite thing at the moment is Birds Eye Inspirations because it makes a sauce when you cook it.

I stir fry whatever veg I have (peppers and mange tout or leeks and cabbage or courgette and aubergine) and cook noodles. I stir it all together with Tesco Singapore noodle sauce or yellow bean sauce. Done! low cal and yummy.

Its great because you can put pretty much anything in it!