Body Revolution

Options
MamaFunky
MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
Just looking for some feedback for Jillian's Body Revolution. I just purchased this and I am super excited to receive it and get started. Has anyone else completed it or doing it now?

I have several other of her DVD's and really like her style of workouts, so I am looking forward to seeing how this compares to the others.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• AmbreJade
    AmbreJade Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on my first week of Phase Two. I am really loving it. Not a huge weight change for me but serious differences in stamina, strength and inches.
    She pushes you really well and has great variations on the exercises.
    The different phases really step up the exercises, the difficulty level is significant but not anything that cannot be done :)
    Hope this was helpful
  • ophiure
    ophiure Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last two weeks (for the second time). I really like her workouts, although I have to say weeks 9 and 10 are my least favourite, with 11 close behind. (There are just too many variations of push ups in week 11.)

Nevertheless, each week gets progressively harder to the point where I might suggest you hold off on advancing to the next week--unless you've got all of the forms down. The best part about Body Revolution (as opposed to say, 30 Day Shred) is that you only repeat a workout twice a week, rather than six times in a row. It makes it more interesting, in my opinion.

I am using 7 lbs weights for almost every move (except for deadlifts, where I use 10 lbs).
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. On week nine. Love the rotation of exercises and the fact that it's a short workout every day. Makes it easy to push through.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Body Revolution is what started me on my weight loss journey. I have done the program 2.5 times (the third time I only did weeks 1-6 for three weeks). The first time I lost 20 lbs just doing the program and using MFP and eating back my exercise calories back. I like that it changes up every two weeks and it is a quick workout. I do get bored with the cardio since it is twice a week for the whole month but when I did the program last time I just ran on cardio days. I plan on doing another round later this year and trying out Body Shred next. It is supposed to pick up where BR left off.
  • alyxls
    alyxls Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it at all. I think that the workouts go sooooo slowly. I much prefer TurboFire or Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. It is a good workout and a good program though.
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback! Looks like it should be delivered today. I am excited to get started.
    I'll have to look up Body Shred too. I am interested to see how Phase 1 is. Not sure if I will skip it or not. I like how it will mix things up instead of doing the same thing over and over. That is pretty much what I have been doing between 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Six Week Six Pack. Those are some of my favorite Jillian DVD's.
    Thanks again for all your responses!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I did six week six pack and 30 DS before body revolution. It gets harder fast but I found the first two weeks easy and threw in some extra workouts with some other of her DVDs every other day. Not the case now that I am at week nine.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have completed it twice. I liked compared to most of her other choices since the program was longer, never two of the same day in a row and every two weeks the workouts changed all together and got progressively harder. Some of the commentary did get a little annoying (like all Jillian videos) but still mostly motivating. I saw great results both times and will probably continue to keep it in the mix.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am 3 workouts away from completing my 90 days on Body Revolution. I did not follow the meal plan, only the workouts since I eat healthy as it is. I do other Jillian workouts all the time so Phase 1 was pretty easy for me. I debated whether I should skip it or cut it down to 2 weeks, ultimately I decided to go ahead and do the program as it was designed. I just used heavier weights and did the advanced moves during that Phase. If I cycle through BR again, I probably would shorten Phase 1. I doubt I would ever do Cardio 1 again though, I would run or do a different cardio disc on cardio days.

I enjoyed most of the workouts. I really liked that I was only repeating discs every 3 days and then changing the whole set every 2 weeks. That kept things fresh. This was the first workout that I had ever used a cable for. I did not love the cable. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get the cable untangled before and after each exercise. I also got it tangled in my hair once. :( There wasn't a ton of cable exercises so it was tolerable. I used 5, 6, 8 and 10lb weights depending on the exercise and felt that I was close to needing 12's or maybe even 15's. I plan on doing Ripped in 30 with Banish Fat Boot Metabolism for the next 6 weeks and then another round of BR.
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    Thanks again to all who have responded! I just received it in the mail and excited to get started.

Suzikay12 ~ I agree about the exercise cable. I have never been a big fan of those either. I have one, so I may attempt it with them, otherwise I have read that you can modify the moves with weights. We see how that goes.

I don't plan on following the meal plan. I am doing pretty good at maintaining eating within my calorie range. I do like browsing through the meal plan though for some ideas for snacking and meals.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Since it is a 90 day program I was concerned that I might get bored, but I have not gotten bored once. I am in week 8 of BR and have really enjoyed it. I have learned one thing...I don't like planks. LOL I have rarely done the Cardio routines just because I use the cardio days to run. It has really helped me lose weight and tone. Good luck with it!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @LessthanKris I am glad you mentioned doing Body Shred. This is my first time doing Body Revoluation, and I plan on repeating it using more advanced moves. I have though often wondered what would I to go to after BR that would keep me challenged. Thanks agian!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I completed this program 3 times. I saw GREAT results and I loved it so much. I would recommend it to anyone. I decided after round 3 that I wanted to start lifting heavy so I joined a gym but I will still incorporate the dvd's in when I cant make it to the gym or just for a fun extra bonus workout. I give this program credit for changing my life and making exercise something I look forward to rather than something I had to do or loathed or looked at like a chore. I didn't have much weight to lose (maybe 10-15 lbs), my goal was to just better myself in whatever way that meant. I ended up losing 15 lbs with this program and then gaining some back when I started lifting, but my clothes are smaller and so are my measurements and that's all that matters. Good luck to you.
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    I completed this program 3 times. I saw GREAT results and I loved it so much. I would recommend it to anyone. I decided after round 3 that I wanted to start lifting heavy so I joined a gym but I will still incorporate the dvd's in when I cant make it to the gym or just for a fun extra bonus workout. I give this program credit for changing my life and making exercise something I look forward to rather than something I had to do or loathed or looked at like a chore. I didn't have much weight to lose (maybe 10-15 lbs), my goal was to just better myself in whatever way that meant. I ended up losing 15 lbs with this program and then gaining some back when I started lifting, but my clothes are smaller and so are my measurements and that's all that matters. Good luck to you.

That is awesome you saw such great results! We are very similar. I give Jillian and her DVD's a lot of credit for changing my life, as well. I too lost about 10/15 lbs right before my 40th birthday and have kept it off for over a year now. I just finished workout 1 and the cardio dvd and loved it! Got a good sweat in. I like how she has advanced versions and how you can do it with different lb weights depending on the exercise. I love Jillian. I even found myself smiling during some of the moves as she and the dancers were talking.

Thank you all again for the feedback! Glad you all have enjoyed the program, as well!
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    Since it is a 90 day program I was concerned that I might get bored, but I have not gotten bored once. I am in week 8 of BR and have really enjoyed it. I have learned one thing...I don't like planks. LOL I have rarely done the Cardio routines just because I use the cardio days to run. It has really helped me lose weight and tone. Good luck with it!

That's great you are enjoying too. I hear you on the planking. lol! I don't mind the two handing planks so much. Its the one handed planking that really gets me. I don't want to hurt anything! :smiley:

• terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Here's a short review by an MFP member that had success with Body Revolution:

http://www.realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/body-revolution-a-great-program-for-people-who-want-to-work-out-at-home
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Jillian fan and am currently on Week 7 of BR. I am already feeling stronger and more toned! I love this workout because you are only doing each workout like 4 times (twice a week for 2 weeks). You don't get bored doing the same level over for 6-10 days like 30DS or RI30. I will probably try PiYo after I'm done with this program but I will definitely be doing it again afterwards!
  • tundragirl49
    tundragirl49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did Body Revolution 3 years ago. I was 226lbs., and lost 42 lbs doing 1 round. I had never done a strength training program before, and I couldn't believe the results. It is a great program for beginners, as it starts with simple, low impact exercises, and becomes more challenging through the subsequent phases. I followed a 1200 calorie/day diet 6 days out of the week, and would eat anything on the 7th day. I discovered that if I only did the JMBR workouts during the week, I lost more weight than if I added in extra cardio workouts. My friend started the program a week after I did, and had almost identical results. If you commit to doing the workouts for 90 days, and eat the recommended food/calories, you should see great results!