OK so need your input please!

agartin
agartin Posts: 274 Member
I'm stuck deciding between a fitbit charge hr and a polar ft7 watch. I know they both can be used very differently and maybe even compliment each other but I can only get one right now.

I really like the idea of the polar ft7 letting me know if my training session was geared towards improving fitness or fat burning .. then I also like all the features of the fitbit. Sorry I can't delve into this more, I'm clocking back in to work from lunch.

Replies

• PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Why would you care if your watch tells you if your improving with fitness or fat burning ? If your working out and seeing and feeling the improvements you don't need the watch to tell you that and I really wonder how accurate that feature actually is. If it were me I would pick the watch that gives me the most bang for my buck.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I had a similar dilemma in March. I love my Fitbit One but my Garmin 410 was at the point where I needed to replace it. It was my birthday and I was trying to decide between asking my husband for a new Garmin 220 or a Fitbit Surge. For me, the choice was the Garmin. While I like the idea of having one device to do it all I didn't want to be locked down to wearing the Fitbit on my wrist every day. I have some really nice watches I like to wear. I can wear my One clipped to my bra instead where it is not only unseen but is more accurate.

Is that type of consideration something you need to take into account? Otherwise, your considerations are going to be activity tracking 24/7 (Fitbit) vs. only tracking steady state cardio sessions (Polar).
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    I don’t know the specific products, but if Polar is a heart rate monitor, I’d go with that one. You’ll get a lot more good data when you’re working out.

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    agartin wrote: »
    I really like the idea of the polar ft7 letting me know if my training session was geared towards improving fitness or fat burning

All exercises improve fitness, and they all burn calories, so they all contribute to fat loss. :+1: