Any other lady lifters?

Options
looking for other females who lift, regardless of weight or weight goals?
Men too of course :) but would be nice to meet other women as I don't know any from my gym

Replies

• neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I lift and I'm in the same boat as there are like 3 other females at my gym who lift too. I have found a good crowd of guys to help me achieve my goals, but I would love the company of another girl.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've been weight/strength training for a few months now and I really enjoy it. You can check out my profile, I have my workout plan laid out in my description and I keep my food diary open to anyone. Add me if you like :smile:.
  • bherrin1
    bherrin1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lift 6 times a week. There are only three other women that I ever see lifting in my gym.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    We have lots of female lifters at my gym, but at 65, I'm definitely the oldest. ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I lift weights, for the most part at home. We have equipment in our basement. I go to the gym maybe once a week for a change of scenery and to get to use equipment that I don't have at home.
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I lift! I bought some adjustable dumbbells on Craigslist last summer and have been doing Fitness Blender workouts and a modified form of Stronglifts 5x5 with those. Recently I've been doing Fitness Blender's 4-week mass building program-- I'm almost 2 weeks in.
    Last weekend we got a little weight bench with a couple bars (15lbs, not Olympic barbells), and a bunch of extra weights at a garage sale, so I'm looking to get back into Stronglifts now that I have better equipment for that. (No squat/power rack though... I need to figure out a way to squat safely as the weight increases!)
    Anyway, that was probably more info than you needed. Feel free to friend me if you like! ;)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I lift at home. I have two barbells, a full array of plates, a power rack, and a motley assortment of dumbbells and kettlebells.

eta: forgot I have a weight bench too
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 11th week of Starting Strength, and I love it! Feel free to add me
  • danibopp
    danibopp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lift! I am surprised it's a rare sight because I have a bunch of bada** female lifters in my gym. It's not even a specialized gym. I don't usually track my strength training but feel free to add or message!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 4 -5 times a week, but at home. I hate the gym. There's a ton of female lifters on mfp
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    +1
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i've been lifting since i was a teenager; i prefer to lift than do cardio but sadly, you need both for overall health.
  • girlnamedsarah
    girlnamedsarah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Here! Only a handful of us at my gym too.
  • greatness
    greatness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lift and am a fan of crossfit/endurance and strength training combinations. I enjoy the sculpted life but I get an astounding amount of comments from other women that im suprised arent always positive lol. Like “oh you look buff" or she hulk things. Even tho I am not vascular (think physique competitions) and my body fat percentage is still about 20% which is in between normal and athletic. But I have been lifting religiously for about 3 years now thanks to a female college roommate that encouraged me off the treadmills and elliptical trainers (hamster wheels). At my gym there are about 10 women that lift and I see about quadruple that in the zumba class or on a cardio machine lol.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I lift. Though I'll be transitioning back to dumbbell circuits at home for the summer as I won't have gym access while the kids are out of school. Hope to have a bar, rack, etc at home some day, but for now this will have to do.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Powerlifter here.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 3-4 days a week.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm not really following a lifting program but I lift heavy a couple times a week when I don't run.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love to lift! Any ladies who lift and are on MFP religiously please add me! :smiley: My food diary is always open as well.
  • smiththu
    smiththu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do Kettle Bell.