Plyometrics at home (no step/box)

Hausisse1
Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
Hey! Most of the exercises in a workout routine that I'm doing I can manage to do fine at home without anything but free weights and plenty of room, but there are three plyometric exercises I kinda want replacements for as I don't have a box or step to use here: line jumps, depth jumps, and dynamic step-ups. Does anyone have some suitable alternatives/alterations to the aforementioned exercises that do not involve a step? :)

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure if it would work, but in a HIIT video I do they have 'frog hops' - hold a heavy-ish dumbbell and, on your toes the whole time, jump forward and back. Also 'squat flips' (yes these are totally made up) where you squat, then jump up and do a 180 turn down into a squat. OH and ski hops, where you kind of do the twist back and forth? Just pull your feet up a lot with each jump, it makes it much more difficult.

ETA: these are all from the same workout, Chris Freytag ACE HIIT series. You should be able to see some examples here, just use the big PLAY CLIP button down on the left.. http://www.collagevideo.com/products/ace-hiit-series-with-chris-freytag
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Squat jumps, high knees, and jumping kicking your heels to your butt are all great alternatives that don't require any equipment just space.