Weight at the end vs beginning of the day!

Options
How much do you usually lose overnight (if you have ever weighed both before and after waking up!)?

I have just been on the scale, stupid idea I know!, and it shows I am 9lbs heavier than I did this morning?!!

Surely this can't all be gone by the morning?! It's crazy.

Replies

• shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me 2-3 pounds heavier at night. Ehhh, maybe 2-2.5 is more accurate.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I lose two pounds during the night.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Two. Three max. Did you drink loads of fluids today? Or just have a large meal? Sure it will be back down tomorrow morning. I started a thread the other day about losing 5 pounds by the evening....!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    How much do you usually lose overnight (if you have ever weighed both before and after waking up!)?

I have just been on the scale, stupid idea I know!, and it shows I am 9lbs heavier than I did this morning?!!

Surely this can't all be gone by the morning?! It's crazy.

When you weigh yourself a the end of the day you are weighing everything you've consumed that has not been expelled. When you sleep you lose a lot of water...then when you wake you expel more waste. Obviously there would also be differences if you were wearing clothes, etc.

I personally would suggest not doing this...weigh in at the same time and under roughly the same conditions every time and track the trend. Do some research on natural body weight fluctuations.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I lose 2 pounds in the night. But I've also weighed myself in the middle of the day, and I can be 6 or 7 pounds heavier.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am lightest in the afternoon after exercising. I use my morning weight to record assuming my glycogen stores are level then...even if I am a bit heavier.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    2-3 lbs.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm about 3 lbs heavier at night, give or take a half lb.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Why do the math that way? I weigh at night and then again in the am and do the math that way.

4 POUNDS A NIGHT LOSS FTW
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh in the morning, as it limits the variability in my weight, somewhat. Basically, I'm always dehydrated in the morning, but in the evening, I could have drank a lot of water, eaten a ton of bulky food, etc etc.

But in reality, whatever you choose, keep doing the same thing. Reduce the variables down to a single term.