life in the truck

Options
Hi all, I'm hoping to find some people who can help me along my journey. I'm a 30 year old truck driver, I start work between 4 am and 6 am depending where I'm bound for, I'm always home within the day, my average day from getting up to going to bed is about 18-19 hours

First question at what point do I eat breakfast as I find it hard to eat that early in a morning?
Secondly taking into account my 18+ hour days how can I cope on 3 meals.
Lastly how do i avoid the truck stops transport cafes n butty vans that i so frequently past

Any tips welcome
Anyone wanting to add me feel free

Replies

• Dagoob
    Dagoob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in sales but I'm in my vehicle similar to you. I usually have 4-5 smaller meals spread out and try to pack my own as much as I can.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast when you get hungry. Eat as many meals as you need just make them less calories each. If you find you don't have enough calories, look into eating lower calorie foods. I don't know how to tell you how to pass up the cafes. Good luck
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You can eat breakfast whenever you want. Or don't eat it if you don't want to. Breakfast isn't required to lose weight.

You can eat 6 meals if you want instead of 3. Or only 2 if that fits better. There is no hard and fast rule that you need to have 3 meals. I personally eat 3 meals and 2 larger snacks.

FOr the cafes, try to pack your own meals and snacks. If you have something you eat, you'll be more likely to not stop and get something. If you do stop, try to pick something healthier or only eat a portion of what you order.

Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. If you keep a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. No special rules or requirements other than that :smile: