Sweets

Options
How do I stop the dessert craving after meals? Good alternatives?

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Gum for me!
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Save up calories for them and eat some!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I work them into my calories for the day. Even just a small piece of chocolate is enough to cure my cravings.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Eat dessert, but in moderation.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Work them into your calorie allowance. Then enjoy.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    How do I stop the dessert craving after meals? Good alternatives?

Simple solution.

Give your sweets to me and I'll put them away and eat them in moderation.

However, if you decide you do like those wonderful gooey sweets, work them into your calorie goal and eat them in moderation. :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Fit your dessert into your daily calories. You can eat it as long as it fits.
  • KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day I'll have a serving of quark (125g soft cheese, like cottage cheese/Greek yoghurt, but with more protein) a large tablespoon of peanut butter (about 25g) & a smashed up banana, mixed together & sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert.

It's delicious, healthy & naturally sweet. I can't really explain what it tastes like, except to draw tenuous comparisons with banoffee pie.
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mints work well for me, and sometimes a LITTLE piece of dark chocolate. Lately I have been good though and haven't been having any cravings. Probably because of my fat burner, but hey it helps me stay focused on nice clean eating. Every once in a while I will crave something sweet, but not as bad as it used to be.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I started eating sugar free jello and sometimes make a soymilk chocolate smoothie because the sweets is crazy
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day I'll have a serving of quark (125g soft cheese, like cottage cheese/Greek yoghurt, but with more protein) a large tablespoon of peanut butter (about 25g) & a smashed up banana, mixed together & sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert.

It's delicious, healthy & naturally sweet. I can't really explain what it tastes like, except to draw tenuous comparisons with banoffee pie.
    That sounds like it could work.

• barbarajean3
    Options
    I'm at a desk all day and it drives me nuts. I'm also trying the no artificial sweetener it doesn't work with my MS. This is worse than cigarettes.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Buy individual servings of whatever your dessert is, and plan for them.
  • barbarajean3
    Options
    My problem is self control. I suck at it when I'm stressed
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Portion snacks in little baggies. Don't eat out of their containers.
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Most weeknights after dinner I have 8 oz. of 1% milk with a tablespoon of Nestle Quik powder, a kiwi, and a stalk of celery. Starts sweet, moves to tart, ends a little bitter. Makes me feel satisfied, but it's fewer than 200 calories.
  • sydkins432
    sydkins432 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with a drizzle of honey does it for me when I need to end on a sweet note.
  • tpilews
    tpilews Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of healthy sugar alternatives out there that are natural. Stevia is a popular one. Not a fan of the taste. I prefer using erythritol or monk fruit, which are both delicious and can be baked with as well.
  • KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Options

That sounds like it could work.

Canned fruit in juice (important, juice - not syrup) is also really good for mixing with plain yoghurt, the juice forms its own light, thin syrup under the canning process. Again, naturally sweet, and half a can with some plain yoghurt (or quark, I eat a lot of quark...) & a few nuts is healthy, filling & balanced. I particularly like peaches.

Most of my snacks/desserts are some form of fruit, nuts & yoghurt. Dark chocolate for good measure, too. There's a huge variety of combinations possible.

I'll make something else occasionally (like these granola bars) but for everyday snacking/desserts the above works really well.
  • barbarajean3
    Options
    Most weeknights after dinner I have 8 oz. of 1% milk with a tablespoon of Nestle Quik powder, a kiwi, and a stalk of celery. Starts sweet, moves to tart, ends a little bitter. Makes me feel satisfied, but it's fewer than 200 calories.

I like this idea!