Favorite regular meals

Options
girlviernes
girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
What is your favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Not special occasion meals, but ones that would fit into your typical daily calorie/macro goals.

Favorite breakfast:
About 4 oz spicy italian chicken sausage links, a bunch of veggies (kale, cauliflower, tomatoes, beans, onion, etc.), sauteed with olive oil, cayenne, herbes de provence, and garlic.
1/4 cup oatmeal
Coffee with 100g whole milk, turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon

Favorite lunch:
Indian style lentils
This includes lentil mix, chickpeas, tomato puree, garam masala, jalapeno, and various veggies like mushrooms, kale, spinach, onion, carrots, parsnips, ginger, turmeric, etc.
Pulled pork (4oz)
Fresh cilantro

Favorite dinner:
Rosemary baked chicken
Just bake up some chicken thighs with olive oil or butter, lemon, rosemary, garlic and various veggies
I usually pair it with salad or some kind of starch, pasta of course is a good choice :)

I'm generally aiming all meals for 450-550 kcals.

Replies

• StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelettes are a new fave for me, healthy and low calorie :)
  • girlviernes
    Options
    Do you eat for breakfast or any time? I actually have a psychological block with eggs, but I'm working on it.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

+1

They just aren't the same as a whole egg omelet. Nom Nom Nom Nom
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

+1

They just aren't the same as a whole egg omelet. Nom Nom Nom Nom

I do 1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites. Scrambled with s&p and a little sharp cheddar cheese.

I also frequently have greek yogurt with berries, waffles with pb2 and honey; tortilla with cheese, chicken, and salsa; salad with 2-3 oz rotisserie chicken and fat free ranch.
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch or just a snack for me :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The only meal I have a standard menu for is breakfast:

2 egg omelet with greens + 1-2 other veggies + feta with either fruit and dairy or smoked salmon on the side. 350-450 calories.

Standard dinner is: meat, at least 2 veggies, plus starch or root vegetable in almost any combination (my pasta dishes fit this format). Extras (olives, avocado, dairy, fruit) may be added based on calories available/the rest of the day/whether I want dessert.

Lunch varies a lot.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Breakfast these days are usually steel cut oats with currants and yogurt. I also like egg muffins, pumpernickel, and refrigerator oatmeal (heavy on the yogurt).
    My favourite lunches are leftovers from the night before.
    I am most routine with my snacks which includes 20 g of old, light cheddar, hummus, crackers, and a fruit.
  • girlviernes
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

2 egg omelet with greens + 1-2 other veggies + feta with either fruit and dairy or smoked salmon on the side. 350-450 calories.

Standard dinner is: meat, at least 2 veggies, plus starch or root vegetable in almost any combination (my pasta dishes fit this format). Extras (olives, avocado, dairy, fruit) may be added based on calories available/the rest of the day/whether I want dessert.

Lunch varies a lot.

Yes, but what is your favorite version of the dinner?

That's the fun and challenge of this thread, picking your favorite!

I did not have too much trouble with breakfast or lunch, dinner was hard, I also really like salmon or trout.
  • jmooose
    jmooose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch is 1 cup of plain steamed broccoli with about 20 unsalted raw almonds, yummm
  • lemurcat12
    edited May 2015
    Options

Lunch varies a lot.

Yes, but what is your favorite version of the dinner?

That's the fun and challenge of this thread, picking your favorite!

I did not have too much trouble with breakfast or lunch, dinner was hard, I also really like salmon or trout.

That's too hard! This is why I could never be one of those people who eat the same thing all the time.

Lately it's been rainbow trout with a mix of sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots, plus green beans and summer squash. But I loved my pork chop last night, so will put in a plug for: pan roasted pork chop with apples and sauerkraut, with roasted Brussels sprouts, and, hmm, some cauliflower plus turnips or celeriac.
  • girlviernes
    Options
    OMG, lemurcat, that sounds so amazing!! I did a plated order and they sent me trout and ingredients for an asian ginger/miso sauce and it was soooooo good. I haven't really seen trout in stores (aka Trader Joe's) here though!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Favorite Breakfast: Cottage cheese with pumpkin, almonds, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
    Favorite Lunch: Lentil Stew with lentils, San Marzano tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions OR Lentil Taco Salad
    Favorite Dinner: Greek yogurt, frozen raspberries, and almonds
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    favorite breakfast: english muffin or sandwich thin with egg and a touch of cheese on it
    lunch: (when i eat at home, which is rare lately) usually salad of some sort
    dinner: fish tacos or salad with chicken breast on top
  • deeishealthy
    deeishealthy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Favourite Breakfast: Chocolate Oatmeal (1/4 cup oatmeal, tablespoon each of craisins and dark chocolate chips, sprinkle of cinnamon, water)
    Favourite Lunch: Egg Toast (Cook one egg and a quarter cup egg white with a quarter cup brocslaw and a teaspoon of capers, with a tablespoon of asiago melted on top. Put that on top of a piece of whole wheat toast smeared with half an avocado.)
    Favourite Dinner: Faux Twice Baked Casserole (Google Faux Twice Baked Potato recipe. Add a can of low sodium corn and a couple cups of chopped ham steak.)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    OMG, lemurcat, that sounds so amazing!! I did a plated order and they sent me trout and ingredients for an asian ginger/miso sauce and it was soooooo good. I haven't really seen trout in stores (aka Trader Joe's) here though!

Dirk's on Clybourn! (My source for skate too.)
  • girlviernes
    Options

Dirk's on Clybourn! (My source for skate too.)

Fabulous, it looks like they have samples on Saturday too!! Oooh I'm excited :)
  • girlviernes
    Options
    Favorite Breakfast: Cottage cheese with pumpkin, almonds, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
    Favorite Lunch: Lentil Stew with lentils, San Marzano tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions OR Lentil Taco Salad
    Favorite Dinner: Greek yogurt, frozen raspberries, and almonds

Breakfast sounds delish! Love more lentil ideas too. Any kind of spices in your lentil stew?
  • girlviernes
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Breakfast these days are usually steel cut oats with currants and yogurt. I also like egg muffins, pumpernickel, and refrigerator oatmeal (heavy on the yogurt).
    My favourite lunches are leftovers from the night before.
    I am most routine with my snacks which includes 20 g of old, light cheddar, hummus, crackers, and a fruit.

Hmmm, I should try currants.

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    favorite breakfast- cereal, milk, fruit, and either a 100 calorie pack of almonds, an egg, or a veggie sausage patty

Favorite lunch- sandwich and campbells tomato soup, or boca burger on a bun w/ side of veggies

Favorite dinner- pasta or rice dishes, mainly.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    snacks= fruit and dairy. ie= an apple and kraft single