weight gain

Options
I recently had my first hiccup. I eat less calories then I burn and I exercise almost every day for an hour. I lost almost 19 pounds in three weeks tomorrow but I put on 2 pounds since my last weight in. I am not going to let this make me lose motivation but it is disappointing to be doing everything right and gain weight.

Replies

• 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am assuming that you are weighing all your food and drink with good scales. Are you getting enough protein? Protein is needed for weight loss.
  • micmin2015
    micmin2015 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes. I went hunting on Saturday and I had to carry a 150 to 175 lb deer for about 4 miles and my legs are still sore but getting way better could that have something to do with it muscle wise.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    OP, it's probably just a water weight fluctuation. Weight loss is not linear.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    micmin2015 wrote: »
    Yes. I went hunting on Saturday and I had to carry a 150 to 175 lb deer for about 4 miles and my legs are still sore but getting way better could that have something to do with it muscle wise.

Muscles retain water for repair after you've overused them. What you're experiencing is simply water retention. As Isaack said, weight loss is not linear. Water fluctuations from day to day, even hour to hour, are completely normal. Track the trend, not the daily ups and downs.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like water retention from working those muscles. Give it a few days.
  • micmin2015
    micmin2015 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.