need 80-100 lbs to lose . is 21 day fix worth it ?!

moya1219
moya1219 Posts: 54 Member
I'm finally getting serious about getting back to being healthy and being inshape , went to the doctor a few days ago and being 5'2 the scale said I weighed 218 . Over the past year or 2 I've gained close to 100 pounds.

I keep seeing these infomercials for 21 day fix and want to know is it worth the hype ? I don't even know where to start with kick starting my weight loss , some help would be really great

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    21 day fix is just calorie counting. you put the foods in the corresponding colored containers. you will not be "fixed" in 21 days.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Why not just lose it in a safe steady sustainable way?
  • moya1219
    Okay yeah no I don't expect to fixed in 21 days lose a few pounds sure but not expecting a miracle . Well that doesn't seem that great . Does know of any books or websites that can tell me how many calories and what kind of foods and how much of them I should eat to lose weight and fat ?
  • moya1219
    999tigger wrote: »

I plan to I was just asking about the whole idea of it the food containers and workouts they give if there was anything else to it besides eating right and working out . I just don't know where to start or how to
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2015
    Have you entered all your information into MFP? If not, do that and eat the number of calories allotted. No need to over-complicate it with special containers. Log your normal intake for a couple of days then start to reduce a bit to see how you can bring yourself in under your daily calorie goal. Add some kind of exercise - walking's great to start if you're not currently exercising - and you WILL lose weight.
    Good luck!
    ETA: Also, read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    moya1219 wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »

I plan to I was just asking about the whole idea of it the food containers and workouts they give if there was anything else to it besides eating right and working out . I just don't know where to start or how to

you start by signing up for a calorie counting website like myfitnesspal and logging what you eat.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    I have 108 lbs to loose so I set up mfp to loose 1.5 lbs a week

At 5 ft 1 and 227 lbs my calories need to be 1390 also my activity level is sedentary
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    In a word NO
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I know people who have had success with 21 day fix, but from my perspective it is just a fancy way to enforce portion control. If you want to buy fancy containers then go for it. Can you learn to control your portions without it? Absolutely.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 649 Member
    21 day fix is a good program. The workouts are really great if you can commit to them. The containers are a little goofy but it may help you with portions. The MFP way is more concerned with calories in and calories out while the 21 day is more restrictive.

The idea of planning meals ahead with the containers is really useful to many.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator

This is great advice, that post is incredibly informative and pretty much gives you everything you need to know to be successful on MFP, for FREE! I love free personally......

• Lindacastellano58
    Lindacastellano58 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm doing 21 day fix! I've done 4 rounds and have lost 25lbs. I also drink Shakeology! But.... With that said you can do it on your own just weigh and measure everything you eat I also do weight watchers all together I have lost 95lbs.
  • Pamelahelbert
    Pamelahelbert Posts: 2 Member
    Wow that's great! I am just starting the program. I want to lose 85 pounds. How long did it take? And what is a day's menu for you? Keep up the fantastic job!