First round of losing fat: done!

Options
djeffreys10
djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
I have come to the end of my first round of cuting fat. While I started working out and "eating healthier" in September, I didn't actually start tracking my calories and macros until I joined MFP in late January. As such, I only lost 4 pounds those first five months. The rest has occured since the last week in January. Starting weight: 175 lbs, prolly in the 20-25% bf range. Final weight: 152.6 lbs, ~11% bf. Waist (as measured around the navel) reduced from 39" to 30.5". This is not the end of my journey, as I will not switch to building muscle. But I am transitioning out of my calorie deficit and into about a 10% surplus over the course of June, so I thought this was a fitting time to post progress pics.

I did not get my abs quite where I wanted them, but I did take my weight lower than I originally intended. All in all, I am happy with the results. And I will cut away the rest of the fat covering my abs after I have added muscle for several months. So without further adieu:

Front before/after
lWOKTGuZRIrhwsBBbDSodsKopHPrlzAxMwnG-610xh.jpg

Side before/after
BNxDUtDOmzkKdZZjUKwIYzlzgCwQBWqzVXwa-610xh.jpg

Back before/after
kVwoOikOKVFGJlUjWiymxtOoAEzlYQZzMsfN-610xh.jpg

Replies

• ChristinaK69
    ChristinaK69 Posts: 249
    Options
    You should be in those transformation commercials. Looking mighty fine. Impressive work there Cowboy
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    You look great! Younger too!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look so much younger! Great job :drinker:
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you look so different..:smile:
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job! What did you do to get to this point? what's your exercise routine?
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    Thanks all! I am really happy with how I have transformed so far.
    Great job! What did you do to get to this point? what's your exercise routine?

It is important to note that nutrition is about 80% of the equation. I maintained a net calorie deficit every week to obtain ~1 pound per week loss, on average. I ate at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight to (along with lifting) maintain my muscle mass. And mostly ate clean (with a cheat meal or two thrown in every week). My exercise routine has been a 5 day lifting split, with cardio thrown in about 3x per week. The exact exercises changed sometimes, but overall it was pretty consistent. Here is a sample week from a couple weeks ago:

Monday: Chest
    Incline bench
    Flat bench
    Incline cable flies
    Cable flies
    Decline dumbbell press
    HIIT cardio

Tuesday: Back
    Deadlifts
    Barbell rows
    Lateral pulldowns
    Straight arm cable pulldowns
    Seated cable rows
    Reverse grip pull ups
    HIIT cardio

Wednessday: Shoulders
    Arnold press
    Side dumbbell raises
    Front cable raises
    Cable rear delt flies (not sure of the actual name)
    Upright barbell row
    Military dumbbell press
    HIIT cardio

Thursday: Legs
    Squats
    Leg curls
    Hip abductors
    Hip adductors
    Calf raises
    Leg press

Friday: Arms
    Incline dumbbell curls
    Weighted dips
    Preacher curls ez-bar
    Overhead cable extension, rope grip
    Spider curls ez-bar
    Reverse grip cable tricep extentions
    Reverse grip barbell curls
    V-bar cable pulldowns
    Rope grip cable curls
    Overhead dumbbell extensions
    Barbell 21s

I also throw in abs and obliques 1-2 of those days, whenever I feel like it
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing transformation!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    well done mate, great effort
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look great! Younger too!

Yes must Concur..... and wow congratulations on your success...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Great job man! Looking GREAT! I am working on about the same transformation. Seeing this inspired me to be more diligent, which I certainly haven't been. It is the eating mostly. My workout routine is almost exactly the same, bu I have a lot of internval cardio/track work I do as well.

Cheers.
  • Allhailthebroccoli
    Options
    You look awesome! Younger, happier, healthier. Bravo :)
  • mipuchunguis1
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! You look great : )
  • djeffreys10
    Options
    Thanks so much! I feel a ton better now, and so much happier with myself. I love that I don't feel disgusted when looking in the mirror for the first time in years! And I was able to shave my face because I don't need the facial hair to hide the fat on my cheeks lol.
    Great job man! Looking GREAT! I am working on about the same transformation. Seeing this inspired me to be more diligent, which I certainly haven't been. It is the eating mostly. My workout routine is almost exactly the same, bu I have a lot of internval cardio/track work I do as well.

Cheers.

The eating is the most important aspect. If you are slacking there, it is going to cripple you. Just stay dedicated and consistent. The change will come!
  • krystynnaa
    krystynnaa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    stunning! Great work :D
  • HyacintheAlcuin
    Options
    nice u look good
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look so much younger! Great job :drinker:
    Agree with this.

Well done :smile:
  • Heres2Victory
    Heres2Victory Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
    An inbspiratiin for all of us. I will give serous attention to your advice ....The eating is the most important aspect. If you are slacking there, it is going to cripple you. Just stay dedicated and consistent. The change will come!
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) Great job
  • flubdubman
    Options
    Outstanding!! Great inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!