cooks, chefs, anyone who works in a kitchen for a living

Hey everyone, my name is angela, and I have been in the culinary field for almost 8 years now. Over those 8 years I have managed to both gain and lose weight. Gaining is easier than losing, obviously. I am at my wit's end right now. I need motivation. I just started a new job as a head cook at a retirement home, and because thesender people are at the end of there lives we feed them whatever they want. No matter how bad it is for you. So I am around all this supper fatting, high calorie, high carb, lots of sweets every day, that because I work there, I don't have to pay for what I eat. I am looking for people that are having the same problems as I am. I know I can bring my own food, but half the time I end up not eating it, and eating what I made At work instead. Any advise? Or just add me and we can keep each other on track. My starting weight this time around was 117 lbs. I have lost 6lbs so far in two weeks. My final goal is 150 lbs. But I am setting smaller goals throughout. Have a great day everyone.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    I worked in restaurants for years! it's tough. Add me and I'll cheer you on!