Going over on "fat" category

Every day I end up going over on fat, good with calories though. Some of my fat is coming from avocados, almonds, cheese does it matter if I'm still in calorie range and exercising?

Replies

• Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Today was a fantastic day for me! I'm still stuffed from dinner over 3 hrs ago, and I barely hit my calorie count.

p8bmpqb0b9xz.png

Those ranges mean nothing to me really, as long as I'm eating low carb whole foods, I know my waist is staying slim :)
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    I use MFP default macros and I am always over on fat and under on carbs! Sometimes a bit under on protein too which I'd like to change- need to eat a bit more. I don't do it on purpose. It just seems to be the way I eat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    fat does not make you fat, eating in a surplus does.

just maintain your deficit, and you will be fine.
  • Crisseyda
    Also, MFP still gives you a "goal" of 300 mg of cholesterol, but that is also meaningless. Cholesterol is an important nutrient with no ill effects on your health!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/health/dietary-guidelines/

"Previously, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommended that cholesterol intake be limited to no more than 300 mg/day. The 2015 DGAC will not bring forward this recommendation because available evidence shows no appreciable relationship between consumption of dietary cholesterol and serum (blood) cholesterol, consistent with the AHA/ACC (American Heart Association / American College of Cardiology) report. Cholesterol is not a nutrient of concern for overconsumption."
  • Crisseyda
    yeah, looking at my day, I ate 940 mg of cholesterol. I've been doing that for almost 18 months now, and last lipid panel was perfect. I'm in agreement with the AHA/ACC :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    My fat goal is a minimum. I aim for at least 0.35g per pound of body weight. Fats are important for your health (sans artificial trans) and they taste good. :smile:
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    me too lol. I just prefer fat, still losing .5/lb as calculated by mfp.
    I aim for good fats though. Avocados, eggs, olive oil, fish, etc. It adds up over a day though.