Bobbi Fowler

Hi. I just recently started using MFL and vivofit1. It has been about a week since I started and I am off to a great start. I am still getting used to everything and I have some questions. For instance when I set up my profile I put that I was sedentary most of the time, which I really was, however, I am really motivated and energized. I have exceeded all stepping goals set by vivofit garmin to date. I walk on my treadmill for 1 hour in the morning, 20 minutes after lunch, 20 minutes in the afternoon and 20 minutes after dinner; so a total of 2 hours daily. I have lost 6 pounds my first week. The calories to consume that MFL has set for me based off of my sedentary lifestyle is 1340. I am wondering if MFL automatically will update my profile status to lightly active or is this something that I have to go in and change myself as I increase my endurance and activity? Does anyone know of a specific meal menu for 1340 calories a day? I am doing my best with this and I have really done well on making very healthy choices; however I find myself struggling to reach 1340. I am generally between 1250 and 1320? I know this may seem like a lot, but like I said I am new to all this and have made a lot of changes in regards to what I do in my lifestyle. I currently weight 259 pounds and I obviously don't know a lot about this kind of stuff or I would have been able to lose weight on my own. My goal is to have lost 100 pounds or more in a year. I appreciate any help provided.

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Can you sync your Vivofit with MFP? If so, it will give you extra calories based on your activity.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Hook up your tracker to MFP and enable negative calorie adjustments. If you're having trouble meeting your caloric allowance, try calorie dense foods, such as: avocados, nuts, nut butter, etc.
  • bobbifowler
    bobbifowler Posts: 7 Member
    Yes it is synced and I update sync my vivofit after every workout. When I start out in the morning in my food diary it says your daily goal and it has 1340. Every time I sync my vivofit garmin my daily goal rises, for instance right now it states your daily goal 1946 or do you mean the last line in the food diary that states "you've earned 366 extra calories from exercise today?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    If you consistently get a positive adjustment you can manually change your activity setting in MFP to something higher to enable better meal planning.

You will then earn a smaller positive adjustment to your calories later in the day, yet your total calories including any adjustments will still total the same as before you bumped up your activity level.