Shred results?

Options
That1Chick_Brit
That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
I am thinking of trying out Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Anyone have success with this? I thought I saw a thread on it before but couldn't find it.

Replies

• jamielynbrown24
    jamielynbrown24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to do it on and off when I was like 150 lbs and it was an awesome workout. I never stuck it out for the 30days because I got lazy but I definite got ab definition. I love the way it's set up because just when you think you can't take a certain move and want to give up it switches to abs or legs or cardio and it's a quick workout so it's worth sticking it out. Now I'm 212 lbs though so I should have kept doing it! But I got married and put on a ton of weight :( but considering I started beginning of April at 232 I can't complain. Slowly but surely. And I want to start the 30 day shred again! Definitely good so yes I recommend!
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do not do it 7 days a week. Do it with days off. I did it with 7 days a week and I hurt my hip... It took months to recover. I wouldn't do it. Unless you take days off and do other work outs.. but if you are just starting out working out start with walking first to get your body used of walking. Build your heart rate up..
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    I used to do it on and off when I was like 150 lbs and it was an awesome workout. I never stuck it out for the 30days because I got lazy but I definite got ab definition. I love the way it's set up because just when you think you can't take a certain move and want to give up it switches to abs or legs or cardio and it's a quick workout so it's worth sticking it out. Now I'm 212 lbs though so I should have kept doing it! But I got married and put on a ton of weight :( but considering I started beginning of April at 232 I can't complain. Slowly but surely. And I want to start the 30 day shred again! Definitely good so yes I recommend!

Hey that great progress in a months time! Way to go! and thank you for the feed back.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    Options
    Do not do it 7 days a week. Do it with days off. I did it with 7 days a week and I hurt my hip... It took months to recover. I wouldn't do it. Unless you take days off and do other work outs.. but if you are just starting out working out start with walking first to get your body used of walking. Build your heart rate up..

I work out now. Mostly on a stationary bike or walking. I live in the country and the gym is not an option so I am looking to add something else. I usually don't work out on the weekends. With three kids, it's nearly impossible! lol Thanks for your input. :)
  • ericasyear
    ericasyear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did that as my introduction back into working out. I only did it 4 days a week and had great success.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    7z6i6yfitp87.jpg

I just finished yesterday and lost 6 pounda and 5.25 inches. I'm not good at posting pics, hopefully it works!

eta: sorry about the dirty mirror.
  • amandaiams
    amandaiams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    wow that's great! I'm 180 and I want to lose like 45 lbs. in a month I have a vacation so this looks like a great way to make some improvement before then. I know I cant lose 45 lbs, or even 15 lbs before then. But the definition look fantastic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!