Salad Tip for Dressing low cal low sodium!!!

I came up with this mixture after checking sodium content of store bought salad dressing.

I know it may sound awful but believe me the taste is unbelievable. You know the old saying Ketchup on everything? ;) This tastes kinda like Thousand Island without all the calories and fat or sodium.

Generic - Hamburger 85% Lean, 0.5 ounce 34 0 2 1 0 9
Simple Truth - Organic Pinto Beans, 0.25 Cup 55 10 0 0 3 63
Great Value - Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn *no Salt Added, 1/4 cup (125g)
35 7 1 0 1 5
Bar S - Smoked Deli Shaved Ham- 97% Fat Free, 1 slices (56g) 9 0 0 0 0 64
Heinz - Tomato Ketchup No Salt Added (14 oz Bottle), 2 Tbsp (17g) 40 10 0 0 0 10
Cheese, Shredded (Finely - Sharp Cheddar (Kraft), 0.5 fluid ounce 28 0 2 2 0 43
CAL-CARB-FAT-SFAT-FIBER-SOD
Add Food Quick Tools 201 27 5 3 4 194

Mix everything thoroughly and it will taste wonderful trust me. ;) Also 1/2 ounce of cheese is really more than enough.

Add more or less ingredients to your taste. Oh and don't forget the sodium free No Salt Alternative in your spice isle in your store and pepper if you like. If you want this spicy hot then get some crushed red pepper (Great Value is fine and cheaper).

Hope you enjoy it the ones that try. I know it will be a lunch time or dinner for me. :smile:

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    HUH?
  • joeherbert48
    joeherbert48 Posts: 47 Member
    You mix it in with your salad
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Corn and beans in a salad dressing?
  • hollyrayburn
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    HUH?

This.

But oh well, looks like I'm in.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Catsup on salad? Nope- count me out.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Are you sure this isn't a bad chili recipe?
  • joeherbert48
    edited May 2015
    Actually it's all the ingredients I add to my lettuce. Try it if you will, don't if it sounds awful. I added 2tbls of lemon juice and it tastes even better. Mainly it's for the low salt content because store bought regular label dressing have so much sodium in them.

Doesn't hurt to try it. The ketshup and lemon just blend in with the salad you can't even see red ketchup. It's just something to try if you want less sodium in your salads. :)

Think about this: what is ketchup anyways? It's TOMATOES and VINEGAR isn't it? Italian salad dressing is OIL and VINEGAR. Wouldn't you rather have something nutritional instead of that oily fat? :)
  • joeherbert48

Well it's really for the whole salad I just called it dressing. :) It's really just a low sodium salad low cal too. ;) Hope you like it. ;)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    201 cal isn't really low for salad dressing??
  • joeherbert48
    201 cal isn't really low for salad dressing??

That's not just the dressing that's all those ingredients included. ;)

• joeherbert48
    edited May 2015
    Ok folks let me explain this so you can understand it in laymans terms.

KETCHUP Heinz no salt 2 tbls 40 cal 10mg sodium
    Lemon Juice 2 tbls 0 calories o sodium

40 cal/10 sodium dressing :)

The rest of that stuff was added ingredients I put on my lettuce. Just to show you a whole salad. I think that's excellent for a quick lunch or dinner. :)

BTW: Don't forget to include the Lettuce....4oz. :)
  • hollyrayburn

Well it's really for the whole salad I just called it dressing. :) It's really just a low sodium salad low cal too. ;) Hope you like it. ;)

Sorry don't think I'll be trying that, I put jalapeño or lemon juice on salads mostly.
  • joeherbert48
    edited May 2015
    Thas fine. Just trying to show everyone who isn't chicken a new taste. :)

I bet some think peanut butter and bacon on toast is nasty sounding. But, it's good :)