late July organic chips, good or bad

Options
cvcman
cvcman Posts: 438 Member
I've been subbing these for pretzles,is the corn or other things in them bad or high in sugars? The label says 0 sugars but the bottom of the ingredt list says evaporated cane?

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Then it's got sugar in it - but probably less than half a gram per serving.
  • cvcman
    Options
    Just wondering what would be better and less fattening, pretzles or these ?? Someone said corn is sugar,,,but these seem like a better choice...il post the info
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calories/macros/micros, then it is fine. It is just food, it isn't good or bad.
  • cvcman
    Options
    http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-late-july-organic-snack-chips-i263142
    The pretzels I ea are the Utz had sourdough type...hope someone can read the above label ad tell me
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    So long as they fit into your day there is nothing wrong with eating them, or anything else.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    how many calories are they per satisfying portion

nothing else matters
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

nothing else matters

^Truth. OP, it sounds like you're tying yourself in knots over things that ultimately don't really matter.

I'm not sure what your real concern is. They're both carby snack foods. Eat whichever one you feel more like eating in a portion that fits in your calorie goals.

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

nothing else matters

This. If you enjoy eating them, then make them fit into your calorie goals. If you like pretzels better, then fit those into your calorie goals and eat those :)
  • cvcman
    Options
    gotcha...just wondered if one was a better choice,,,i heard that corn in itself is worse them wheat and corn turns to sugar ??
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »
    gotcha...just wondered if one was a better choice,,,i heard that corn in itself is worse them wheat and corn turns to sugar ??

Even if corn does turn to sugar it doesn't matter.

• cvcman
    Options

nothing else matters

This. If you enjoy eating them, then make them fit into your calorie goals. If you like pretzels better, then fit those into your calorie goals and eat those :)

I think about 140 cals...18 carbs
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    cvcman wrote: »

I think turning corn into sugar requires magic. Corn contains sugar, but so do the pretzels you're snacking I bet. Food can't turn into things, they either contain them or they don't.
  • cvcman
    Options
    hum....thx....