garam masala - nuff said

melanie92
melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
My new favorite spice blend is garam masala. Inspired to try it from a recent episode of Good Eats. I bought about 1/4 cup at Whole Foods for $0.45 (they sell tons of spices in bulk). It is a wonderful Indian flavor that right now I'm putting on chicken and veggies, then roasting them. I would think that it is good on any type of meat of veggie. Keeps my desire to add cheese at bay! You have to try it :glasses:

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    It's delicious, isn't it? I even put it in when I make BBQ sauce.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    I love "Good Eats" I just re-watched the episode where Alton talks about how he lost 50lbs (and took notes). I did try this sardine thing he made....
    Hubby is a huge fan as well, so he tried it, one bite later he handed it back to me....lol, guess even Alton can't be right 100% of the time.
  • melanie92
    yeah - I was a little leary of the sardine recipe also! not a big fan of sardines! but everything else looks good. I've made the smoothies - excellent. Haven't tried the almond recipe yet.
  • melanie92
    @Heather75 - I'm curious about the fact that you don't weigh yourself. That would drive me crazy, not knowing exactly how much weight I've lost!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    the sardines he talks about in it are actually really hard to find and 5 times more expensive than regular...but i like the regular ones o.k.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    We found them without a problem and they weren't to much more then the rest of them down that isle.
This discussion has been closed.