Long time lurker, first time poster

Options
MotoGT
MotoGT Posts: 2 Member
Hi all,

I am Ian, 32, feeling older! I have lurked on MFP, but never really got in to logging, however that is changing and I am logging my foods, all be it sporadically at the moment, hopefully over the next 2 weeks I can form some good habits with regards to logging and eating.

The question I have is, is there any way to filter USER added foods, form the MFP official foods?

Even something as simple as eggs can have a wide variety of options, all different. At the moment that is fine as I am using happy egg co, however when these are gone I will be using eggs from my chickens at home.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have to learn how to add qualifiers to your searches.

​Here are some tips on searching for whole foods in the MFP Food Database.

Search for eggs in the format "eggs - whole" or "eggs - white"
    Search for vegetables in the format "vegetable - raw" or "vegetables - raw" depending on type of vegetable(s)
    Search for fruit in the format "fruit - raw" or "fruits - raw" depending on type of fruit(s)
    Search for raw meat in the format "chicken - meat raw" or "beef - meat raw"
    Search for cooked meat in the format "chicken - meat cooked" or "beef - meat cooked"

These searches should bring up the MFP-entered items at the top of the search list, currently identified by no asterisk on the Web version, or no "Brand/Restaurant" or no "Generic" identification on the second line under the name of the item on the mobile apps. Plus MFP-entered items can usually be identified by the multiple servings sizes provided, both imperial (ounces/fluid ounces) or metric (grams/milliliters).

You can also add USDA to the search, but those items are user-entered and could be inaccurate.

There are also now MFP Verified Foods identifiable by a green checkmark on mobile apps, but I do not use the mobile apps very often, so I do not know how verified those items are.