Calories a day

Hi I was wondering how many calories I should be eating a day I am female, age 27, 5ft 7inchs and weight 108lbs! Any advice would be really appreciated

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Considering you are in the underweight range right now ... above maintenance until you gain some. Netting around 1800-2000 calories combined with an exercise plan that includes resistance training would be a start point.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Considering you are in the underweight range right now ... above maintenance until you gain some. Netting around 1800-2000 calories combined with an exercise plan that includes resistance training would be a start point.

co-signed
  • niamh211
    niamh211 Posts: 150 Member
    So if I am burning 400 with exercise would I need to be eating 2400?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    niamh211 wrote: »

YES
  • brianpperkins

Yep ... and no more 1000 net calorie (and below) days as you've had this week.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    according to the profile ticker, OP is looking for loss.

blink.

is this real life?
  • brianpperkins
    edited May 2015

blink.

is this real life?

According to her ticker, she exceeded the planned 35 pound loss by 4 pounds. Using BMI as a guide, she needs to gain about eleven pounds back.
  • hollyrayburn

blink.

is this real life?

According to her ticker, she exceeded the planned 35 pound loss by 4 pounds.

I noticed that too. I hope that it's only because profile information hasn't been updated.
  • niamh211

Yep ... and no more 1000 net calorie (and below) days as you've had this week.

What day did I have that?
  • niamh211

blink.

is this real life?

According to her ticker, she exceeded the planned 35 pound loss by 4 pounds.

I noticed that too. I hope that it's only because profile information hasn't been updated.

Oh I need to update that
  • niamh211

blink.

is this real life?

According to her ticker, she exceeded the planned 35 pound loss by 4 pounds. Using BMI as a guide, she needs to gain about eleven pounds back.

What would you recommend for to gain then how many calories should I have?

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member

blink.

is this real life?

I would start with the numbers and recommendations given to you above, then add calories each week if you aren't gaining like you want to be. You were given links to good calorie calculators in your thread on the Gaining Weight forum, too, if you want to calculator your own numbers.

• niamh211

blink.

is this real life?

I would start with the numbers and recommendations given to you above, then add calories each week if you aren't gaining like you want to be. You were given links to good calorie calculators in your thread on the Gaining Weight forum, too, if you want to calculator your own numbers.

Tanx so much for your help
  • niamh211

blink.

is this real life?

So to gain that back what should I be having a day ?
  • hollyrayburn

blink.

is this real life?

Enter your stats into your settings, then select that your goal is to gain X pounds per week. Use that number.

And seriously glad to hear that you are not trying to lose now! lol. I was a tad worried there for a second. Good luck!
  • niamh211

blink.

is this real life?

Enter your stats into your settings, then select that your goal is to gain X pounds per week. Use that number.

And seriously glad to hear that you are not trying to lose now! lol. I was a tad worried there for a second. Good luck!

Oh ya I definitely need to gain as I have a problem with my eating in just afraid to gain weight