exercise with a calorie deficit

Options
For about twelve days now ive done a calorie deficit and been exercising.im taking in about 1500 to 1800 calories and i power walk for about 4 miles every morning and every other day i play basketball hard for about 45 mins.my question is if i stick with it will weight loss come or should i up my exercising?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If you’re on a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Just say good-bye to the muscle as it goes with the fat. Especially if you’re at a large deficit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit for weight loss (which is being discussed as you need to up it per your other thread)

Exercise for health and fitness. It does help create a bigger deficit but saying that you should be eating some of those calories back.

For you being a young guy I would include some sort of resistance training, weight lifting etc.

Just remember you don't need to exercise to lose weight but if you are enjoying it continue.

and this...per the other discussion
    If you’re on a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. Just say good-bye to the muscle as it goes with the fat. Especially if you’re at a large deficit.