coconut oil....?

Options
13»

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil for my hair (works wonders haha) but I refuse to consume it. I just cant get past the nutritional able and all that saturated fat. Just a personal preference though.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You know, I have tried to find good convincing scientific articles touting that coconut oil is helpful to weight loss without much luck. If you have solid, peer-reviewed papers, please post the links or citations. I wish it was a real miracle, but in the mean time, consider just using the CICO philosophy. You've already lost a fair bit of weight, so keep it up!!

I do enjoy it in many recipes, but treat it just the same as any other fat in my food log. I also love it on my skin.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Stress and lack of sleep can put fat there, and so can too much sugar/carbs.
    No. Too many calories will put fat there, if that's where your genetics determine it will go.
    "No" What?
    There is something far more immediate than genetics. It's your metabolism. And stress and lack of sleep raises CORTISOL, which will cause fat to go on your midsection.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    eat MOAR oil. lose more weight.

Right.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    <<This Debbie downer lost almost 90 pounds without using/eating coconut oil...

What a waste of calories i rather eat the veggies/meat/nuts/pizza for them. Or a good salad..which i might dress up with some coconut oil if i want too.