Need to lose - It's my time!

Options
cyamissy
cyamissy Posts: 14 Member
I am new to this app and ready to give it all! I just turned 40 and recently went on vacation to Punta Cana. I saw pictures of myself in my bathing suit - really?! I can't believe it. I was unable to do allot of the fun stuff my friends were doing and felt so out of shape. I cried once because i needed an extender seat belt for the plane ride. Feeling so embarassed when i had to ask. So, i am looking for support - guidance and friends to help me with this journey! I can do this!!! I have to!

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was really feeling the limitations of my weight, too.
    Just a tip- this is a big site and a lot of people come and go, so I've found it better to be proactive and search around the forums for people I have something in common with and seem like they might be around for a while and reach out to them personally. Also, start that logging! It's a pain at first, but once you've entered an item it will be in your database the next time. If you cook a lot, use the recipes feature and get a one-time breakdown on a recipe and it will always be there. Great nutritional feedback too.
    Hope it goes well :)
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group cyamissy. Pictures from a Caribbean cruise were my wake up call. I have no doubt with perseverance and support that you will achieve your goals.
  • Mackenzie_2012
    Mackenzie_2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm just now getting back on track. ( It's my first day) I totally understand the embarrassed part. The other day I was with some friends walking to a park and we dashed across the road. Once we got to the park I thought I was going to pass out. I was breathing hard and was so embarrassed about how out of shape I am.
    I've been feeling bad about myself and how I look, but last night I decided I was going to change it.
    You can do it! Any small change to better yourself will help. Like today I'm trying to stay clear of the soda. If you need a friend to help encourage you, feel free to add me! Best wishes! - Mackenzie
  • cyamissy
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Good for you! I was really feeling the limitations of my weight, too.
    Just a tip- this is a big site and a lot of people come and go, so I've found it better to be proactive and search around the forums for people I have something in common with and seem like they might be around for a while and reach out to them personally. Also, start that logging! It's a pain at first, but once you've entered an item it will be in your database the next time. If you cook a lot, use the recipes feature and get a one-time breakdown on a recipe and it will always be there. Great nutritional feedback too.
    Hope it goes well :)

Thanks for the advice on the site! The posting of everything i eat is a pain. I seem to do well during the week but on the weekend - I don't do it!!!
  • cyamissy
    Options
    Welcome to the group cyamissy. Pictures from a Caribbean cruise were my wake up call. I have no doubt with perseverance and support that you will achieve your goals.

Thanks for the support! Vacation pics did it! Planning a trip next year - there will be better pics!!! :smile:
  • cyamissy
    Options
    You can do it! I'm just now getting back on track. ( It's my first day) I totally understand the embarrassed part. The other day I was with some friends walking to a park and we dashed across the road. Once we got to the park I thought I was going to pass out. I was breathing hard and was so embarrassed about how out of shape I am.
    I've been feeling bad about myself and how I look, but last night I decided I was going to change it.
    You can do it! Any small change to better yourself will help. Like today I'm trying to stay clear of the soda. If you need a friend to help encourage you, feel free to add me! Best wishes! - Mackenzie

Mackenzie - i have been there and totally know the feeling. I just keep going and take it one thing at a time. That's all we can do. I stopped the soda too - loved drinking it but knew i shouldn't. Good luck to you too!!!!