Small Victory #2.. Water!

Options
DoreenaV1975
DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
I use to hate water... I was lucky if I got 1 cup in a week (outside of water that exists in the foods I ate). I finally got use to 1 cup a day...but it took me ALL DAY to drink it.
When I started MFP 8 days ago, I forced myself to at least drink my 1liter bottle every day (4 cups)...again it took me ALL DAY to do it, though.
As of yesterday... I drank all 4 cups by lunchtime! And had another 2 cups later in the day for a total of 6 cups!
I've already drank 2 this morning and it's only 10:00.
I had originally said it was a "small" victory but now I realize for me it's actually a "big" victory!

BTW - I'm new here.. is it weird/bad to post my victories like this?
I don't want to appear like a "forum hog", LOL!

Replies

• Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's not weird to me! I think it's awesome! Good work! Water is yummy. :)
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I think I just had to train myself to drink water...
    I guess just like anything else!
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Water is very helpful in losing or maintaining weight and just being healthy. When we don't drink enough we become dehydrated which makes you feel tired and makes your skin look dry and saggy. Who needs that? Water also helps remove toxins from our body and helps keep us regular which also makes you feel better.
    So way to go for you! I agree it's a big victory! The more of a habit you make of drinking water, the more you will want it and miss it if you don't get enough.
  • IrenaKaraman
    IrenaKaraman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That's great! You just reminded me to have some water.... Going to get some!
    You can write about whatever you want. Big or small, it's still a victory. I like water for example but at work I have unlimited amounts of free soda's. Got hooked up on diet coke. I celebrate each end of shift that I manage to stick to water only. With time is getting better & I miss other drinks less & less.
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    Thanks for not thinking I'm weird or a forum hog! LOL! Have a good day everyone!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    That's great! You just reminded me to have some water.... Going to get some!
    You can write about whatever you want. Big or small, it's still a victory. I like water for example but at work I have unlimited amounts of free soda's. Got hooked up on diet coke. I celebrate each end of shift that I manage to stick to water only. With time is getting better & I miss other drinks less & less.

Oh and glad I could be of service!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!! Some days it's hard for me to drink 8 cups a day... it's definitely a big victory!! :drinker:
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    Yay for you!! Some days it's hard for me to drink 8 cups a day... it's definitely a big victory!! :drinker:

Thanks! I'm working up to my 8 cups... I think I may be able to do it!
    Today I brought my 1 liter to work along w/ an extra 1pint bottle ...
    So that's my 8 cups right there... we'll see!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well done! Why do you have trouble drinking the water? I figured that for me it usually helps if I drink out of a bottle with a straw and infuse it with fresh lemon. If you're missing the bubble from let's say soda you could go for carbonated water to make it easier.
  • DoreenaV1975
    edited May 2015
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Well done! Why do you have trouble drinking the water? I figured that for me it usually helps if I drink out of a bottle with a straw and infuse it with fresh lemon. If you're missing the bubble from let's say soda you could go for carbonated water to make it easier.

I just don't like the taste, or lack of taste, of water...
    I hate lemon and carbonated water even more (carbonated tastes like alka seltzer)... and I don't miss soda or the bubble from it.
    I sometimes...but rarely...use those little 5 cal drink packets. But find I don't really need them like I used to!
    I think it was a mental thing... "water is yuck" when it's really not that bad.
    Plus I see the upside of drinking water instead of caloric drinks allows me to eat more, LOL!
    I guess eating really does trump drinking when it comes to the calories you take in!

The only thing I hate... I need to go to the bathroom a lot more now! WOW!!!
  • dearmrsowl
    Options

I hate lemon and carbonated water even more (carbonated tastes like alka seltzer)... and I don't miss soda or the bubble from it.
    I sometimes...but rarely...use those little 5 cal drink packets. But find I don't really need them like I used to!
    Plus I see the upside of drinking water instead of caloric drinks allows me to eat more, LOL!
    I guess eating really does trump drinking when it comes to the calories you take in!

Maybe try unsweetened or lightly sweetened iced teas to get something with a taste every once in a while? And the bathroom thing is really annoying. I'm pretty sure the people next to me at the library today were kind of annoyed by how many times I got up to pee and refill my water bottle haha
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options

Maybe try unsweetened or lightly sweetened iced teas to get something with a taste every once in a while? And the bathroom thing is really annoying. I'm pretty sure the people next to me at the library today were kind of annoyed by how many times I got up to pee and refill my water bottle haha

I drink gold peak diet tea occasionally... 0 cals/0 fat (what kind of voodoo is that!).

Hahahaha (about the library/bathroom thing)!
    I know what you mean!
    Yesterday I drank 16oz of coffee, 48oz of water, 12oz of diet tea, and 6oz of soda (part of my Cinco de Mayo celebration, LOL) so I had a total of 82oz of liquid so I was going to the bathroom... A LOT!
    But luckily I have my own office at work so nobody notices when I'm gone...even if I leave 100 times to go to the bathroom!
  • dearmrsowl
    Options

I drink gold peak diet tea occasionally... 0 cals/0 fat (what kind of voodoo is that!).

I know what you mean!
    Yesterday I drank 16oz of coffee, 48oz of water, 12oz of diet tea, and 6oz of soda (part of my Cinco de Mayo celebration, LOL) so I had a total of 82oz of liquid so I was going to the bathroom... A LOT!
    But luckily I have my own office at work so nobody notices when I'm gone...even if I leave 100 times to go to the bathroom!

Most of the time I tool advantage of the bathroom break and went to the one two floors up to get extra steps in. You always have to see the positive in the negative, right?
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options

I know what you mean!

Most of the time I tool advantage of the bathroom break and went to the one two floors up to get extra steps in. You always have to see the positive in the negative, right?

RIGHT!!! ::two thumbs up::!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options

Thanks! I'm working up to my 8 cups... I think I may be able to do it!
    Today I brought my 1 liter to work along w/ an extra 1pint bottle ...
    So that's my 8 cups right there... we'll see!

Well apparently I cannot do math... that's not 8 cups that's only 6! HAHAHAHA
    Okay so 6 cups at work and 2 cups when I get home.
    Still totally doable!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I can't understand how people don't like water. But anyways thats great! Keep it up! Water is very important!
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    We have an old family saying, "Water is bad enough in your shoes. For what do you want it in your stomach?" (This is poorly translated from Romanian, or Yiddish, or some other language.)

BUT SERIOUSLY, This is great news. I was having problems keeping up my water intake at work, so here's what I do: I keep two water bottles in the office. One I fill about halfway with water, close it, and lay it on its side in the freezer in our pantry (since we don't have an ice maker hooked up). The next day, I take it our of the freezer and fill up the remaining volume with water. Since it's cold, it doesn't taste so bad and I drink it faster. Also, there is usually ice left after the first downing so I can refill (which is an advantage of having the ice up and down the side of the bottle). The water stays cold almost all day. I switch this water bottle out with another one so I always have one to pull out that is half filled with ice. I consume 4-6 cups of water daily at work this way if I don't have meetings eating up a lot of my time. I do have to knock off the water at least an hour before I leave work because I have a long commute. However, I drink at least two cups of water before dinner to add to what I had in the office all day.
  • DoreenaV1975
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    We have an old family saying, "Water is bad enough in your shoes. For what do you want it in your stomach?" (This is poorly translated from Romanian, or Yiddish, or some other language.)

BUT SERIOUSLY, This is great news. I was having problems keeping up my water intake at work, so here's what I do: I keep two water bottles in the office. One I fill about halfway with water, close it, and lay it on its side in the freezer in our pantry (since we don't have an ice maker hooked up). The next day, I take it our of the freezer and fill up the remaining volume with water. Since it's cold, it doesn't taste so bad and I drink it faster. Also, there is usually ice left after the first downing so I can refill (which is an advantage of having the ice up and down the side of the bottle). The water stays cold almost all day. I switch this water bottle out with another one so I always have one to pull out that is half filled with ice. I consume 4-6 cups of water daily at work this way if I don't have meetings eating up a lot of my time. I do have to knock off the water at least an hour before I leave work because I have a long commute. However, I drink at least two cups of water before dinner to add to what I had in the office all day.

That's great that your doing so well! And what a neat idea!
    Funny thing I prefer my water room temperature...I cannot drink cold water; it actually causes me discomfort! Which is good cuz that means its for sure always beside me.
    BTW did my 8 glasses today!
  • DrunkInAGolfCart
    DrunkInAGolfCart Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I drink gallons of water in Summer. I LOVE it. I order 24x600ml bottles when I do an online shop. In Summer I can go through 2 of these a week averaging about 4litres a day.

Now it's moving into our Aussie Winter I'm lucky if I go through just 1 of these in 3 weeks. It's hard to drink when it's cold! So congrats - it really is an achievement.
  • kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! I drink a handful of water a day - just enough to take a pill :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!