New MFP Site

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Do you know how many cheesecakes $50 would buy?.....did I say chocolate cheesecakes?

Apparently, one. mydaddyscheesecake.com/store.aspx?panel=1&categoryid=633

Are you serious! What a waste! I can get about , really good ones....and chocolate!
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i think id give it a go for 9.99 and if i dont like it, well it's only 9.99 .. would be handy for carb cycling, atm it's annoying having to change it everyday lol
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many cheesecakes $50 would buy?.....did I say chocolate cheesecakes?

Are you serious! What a waste! I can get about , really good ones....and chocolate!

Well, you know, there's really good and then there's really, really good. If you want really, really good, you gotta pay for it.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

Well, you know, there's really good and then there's really, really good. If you want really, really good, you gotta pay for it.

Well, either really good or really hyped up. ;)

My boss recently raised prices on an item based on a seminar in which it was described that when a price point is raised/is higher than the average (just slightly), the perception is that the item must be worth more. So he's selling this item at a price I personally would never pay and his sales have subsequently gone through the roof.

Paying more, or paying at all, doesn't necessarily mean superior.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

My boss recently raised prices on an item based on a seminar in which it was described that when a price point is raised/is higher than the average (just slightly), the perception is that the item must be worth more. So he's selling this item at a price I personally would never pay and his sales have subsequently gone through the roof.

There is some truth to that, and so we have Starbucks.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

There is some truth to that, and so we have Starbucks.

;)