3 day Military Diet

So I been trying this diet for a week now but over the weekend, I cheated myself and had mexican. I'm so disappointed at myself. This is going to be hard. :s

Replies

• nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    never heard of this diet but it sounds intense!
  • sonialerma29
    sonialerma29 Posts: 2 Member
    It's not hard but it's just the craving of food I get
  • nm212
    hmmm I just looked it up...sounds cool actually. So, it's kinda like intermittent fasting? Eating 1000 calories a day, for 3 days and then can eat whatever you want?!! I might have to try this! Does this include exercise? (like Net calories)?
  • nm212
    AND You can do it! Try again tomorrow? :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    This stupid thing has you eat under 1000 calories a day. I don't see where the sense is in this plan, it's not sustainable, so anything you 'benefit' from it you'll no longer have once you stop. Just eat at a deficit or look into real intermittent fasting.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    It's not worth it. Since it is only a 3 day diet anything you lose, you will most likely gain back when you return to your regular diet. It's a fad crash diet. It also has nothing to do with the military.

I would recommend just setting MFP to one pound a week and logging your calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Quick fixes like this rarely ever work. Instead of punishing yourself by under eating on a diet that seriously lacks any nutritious value you could try just eating at a deficit and getting more movement.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    You are failing because it is a ridiculous VLCD crash diet with no military heritage

Just eat at a calorie defecit and bin the fad dieting ..it doesn't work long term for anyone
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You are failing because it is a ridiculous VLCD crash diet with no military heritage

Just eat at a calorie defecit and bin the fad dieting ..it doesn't work long term for anyone

^This. Fad diet with no nutritional basis or long term compliance/success. Why make things hard on yourself?
  • nm212
    Wow, I guess I will not try this. LOL It does sound like a crash diet but could be good to get a jump start on dieting? Perhaps, because it shrinks your stomach? I'm just guessing, but MFP people are right, it's not worth torturing yourself over! Slow and Steady is best.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    There is nothing cool about this diet.

OP, just eat at a calorie deficit while enjoying the foods you love. There is no reason to feel guilty about eating Mexican food - just work it into your day.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    There's no reason to do a "hard" diet. What are you punishing yourself for?
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Ive only been here about 6 months, Ive seen this topic "Military Diet" about 8 times now. Not one thread seemed positive and the over all consensus is that its bogus and likely harmful for most if not all people.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,048 Member
    What is WITH this diet lately? Did someone famous repin it on Pintrest? It is literally the dumbest diet I've ever heard of. I honestly believe that someone made it up as a joke, put it on the internet and wakes up every day incredulous that so many people fall for it./
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    nm212 wrote: »
    Wow, I guess I will not try this. LOL It does sound like a crash diet but could be good to get a jump start on dieting? Perhaps, because it shrinks your stomach? I'm just guessing, but MFP people are right, it's not worth torturing yourself over! Slow and Steady is best.

If I understand things (I don't science much...) your stomach doesn't physically shrink. What SHOULD happen, though, is your body and brain gradually make you feel hungry less often/less intensely over time. It's easier to achieve this when you're eating at a reasonable deficit vs going for an intense, restrictive extremely-low calorie diet.

If I've got this wrong someone please come in here and say so lol.

~Lyssa