Looking for supportive friends in the Hershey, Pa area...

Options
djk2258
djk2258 Posts: 11 Member
I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago. I never knew such a place/app even existed until 2 weeks ago! I am looking to completely overhaul my eating habits, exercise habits, and social habits.

I have been really good about changing my eating habits. What I am struggling with is exercise habits. I have been walking, almost every day. I try and walk around my neighborhood twice a day which equals about 2.75 miles. I also downloaded the "Moves" app to track my steps when I am about and about. I am also interested in running, however my left knee has some issues so I need to take off some weight before I can really focus on that.

I am also trying to build muscle which is totally new to me. Never in my life have I ever worked on toning and building muscle. Building muscle is really important to me because from the research that I have done, muscle burns fat much faster.

I moved to the Hershey area a year ago and I haven't really met a lot of people. I am a full time college student and a stay at home Mom. I take all of my classes online to save money on day care, gas, etc. With that being said, it doesn't really give me an opportunity to meet people in the area. I have checked out a few gyms, but they are way out of my budget right now. So basically I am on my own right now.

It would be nice to meet some people in the area that are motivated to lose weight by eating right and exercising as well as people who are already fit and healthy that can teach me and encourage me. I am really close to the Hershey Medical Center, Shank Park, and Bullfrog Valley Pond so I use those trails quite often but I am definitely open to new locations. If you are interested send me a message and a friends request.