80 carbs/10 protein/10 fat ___Fruitarian diet

Options
13»

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Is also like to point out that there is no way that we evolved to eat a raw fruit diet. Humans created the fruit seen today through artificial selection. The fruit from the early years of our evolution would have been unsuitable for a complete diet.

For a fine example of this Google "Ray Comfort, atheist's nightmare"
  • cresyluna
    cresyluna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Man, if it is like the Ashton Kutcher linked article has and you can still eats nuts and seeds for proteins/fats and olives and avocados for even more fats (delicious fats.. just had guacamole with olives in it) well I'd love to eat that much fruit but I'd probably mess it up with too many of the protein-y/fatty items. Mmm. I doubt I'd lose weight, the only time I did as a vegan was when I was too busy to eat regular, full meals and instead drank only water and exercised all the time, so it was definitely not just the vegan part, more so the calorie deficit.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Don't Fruitarians live off the fruit that grows on trees in people's yards but are on branches overhanging the sidewalk? I saw some documentary about some people that did that, and "Fruitarians" are what they called themselves. They had groups in LA an San Diego, and urged it as a "lifestyle" for everyone.

My New England-dwelling self laughed my glutes off at the notion.

They suggested a lifestyle eating fruit off of other ppls trees? Round here that's called robbery.

Meh, I'd rather be a freegan!

They were very careful to say that it was only the branches of the mango/avocado/orange trees that passed over the public sidewalk that provided their food.

And, again, new England resident laughs. Because, seriously. This "fresh avocados falling in the streets" thing happens for maybe 50 people per year worldwide?
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Don't Fruitarians live off the fruit that grows on trees in people's yards but are on branches overhanging the sidewalk? I saw some documentary about some people that did that, and "Fruitarians" are what they called themselves. They had groups in LA an San Diego, and urged it as a "lifestyle" for everyone.

They suggested a lifestyle eating fruit off of other ppls trees? Round here that's called robbery.

They were very careful to say that it was only the branches of the mango/avocado/orange trees that passed over the public sidewalk that provided their food.

And, again, new England resident laughs. Because, seriously. This "fresh avocados falling in the streets" thing happens for maybe 50 people per year worldwide?

Ahh ok, well they aren't thieves, but they are still a tad misguided. Not that i wouldn't nom a free avocado but still.

I'm in NY and all we get is acorns and pine cones and I suspect that we would have to fight the squirrels for those.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Ahh ok, well they aren't thieves, but they are still a tad misguided. Not that i wouldn't nom a free avocado but still.

I'm in NY and all we get is acorns and pine cones and I suspect that we would have to fight the squirrels for those.

And, that's maybe a month a year? I mean...we've only seen GRASS over the last month or two....the foraging life...it's not for us.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

And, that's maybe a month a year? I mean...we've only seen GRASS over the last month or two....the foraging life...it's not for us.

Pine needles duh.

But yeah, there's a reason why the freegans around here don't look for falling fruit.