Why am I not losing anymore?

Options

Replies

• TerraThomas1
    TerraThomas1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Have you been at 1200 calories since March 2013??! No diet break?

I have not always been eating 1200 calories. For the past year or so since my weight loss has stalled I began counting calories and keeping myself around 1200, as previously on WW we did not count calories, only points. On weekends I do have days I go over the 1200 calories, as I drink around 500-600 calories worth of alcohol.
  • TerraThomas1
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    My weight loss seems to have come to a complete halt no matter how healthy I eat or how much I exercise. I try hard to stick to a 1200 calorie per day diet (have a food scale and weigh EVERYTHING religiously), work out 6 times a week which includes 5 7.5 mile runs and 1 9 or 10 mile run. Strength training 2x per week for about 30min. I do allow myself to drink on the weekends, something I am not willing to give up.

How much do you want to lose weight?

please, drinking on the weekend is not going to result in a long term plateau …

I drink on weekends and have no issue with losing….

You might not, but the OP is having trouble losing weight. If she/he is correct that she/he weighs and logs "everything religiously" ... then we've got to look at the obvious.

So back to the OP ... TerraThomas ... do you log what you drink?

I do! I drink vodka, no wine, beer, any of the added sugary stuff. I account for the approx. 1000 calories worth of acohol I consume weekly and put in workouts every day I drink. Fridays & Sat consist of a 7.5 mile run, then a long run on Sunday of 9 to 10 miles.

Could this really be the reason I am stalling????
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    My weight loss seems to have come to a complete halt no matter how healthy I eat or how much I exercise. I try hard to stick to a 1200 calorie per day diet (have a food scale and weigh EVERYTHING religiously), work out 6 times a week which includes 5 7.5 mile runs and 1 9 or 10 mile run. Strength training 2x per week for about 30min. I do allow myself to drink on the weekends, something I am not willing to give up.

How much do you want to lose weight?

please, drinking on the weekend is not going to result in a long term plateau …

I drink on weekends and have no issue with losing….

You might not, but the OP is having trouble losing weight. If she/he is correct that she/he weighs and logs "everything religiously" ... then we've got to look at the obvious.

So back to the OP ... TerraThomas ... do you log what you drink?

I do! I drink vodka, no wine, beer, any of the added sugary stuff. I account for the approx. 1000 calories worth of acohol I consume weekly and put in workouts every day I drink. Fridays & Sat consist of a 7.5 mile run, then a long run on Sunday of 9 to 10 miles.

Could this really be the reason I am stalling????

You're making me think hard about my alcohol intake. I too drink on weekends (and log every drop). I am 5'8 as well, was at 1,200 calories, but am now at around 1,400 calories (projected weight loss of .5 lb per week) and I've completely stalled.

Hmmmmm.....
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    the point is not the alcohol itself...the point is that you get to much calories. and approx 1000 calories is a lot when you have a small deficit.

You dont lose weight when you consume to much calories, however you look at it.
    So you eat or drink to much.

All up to you how you solve it.
  • zoezoekende
    zoezoekende Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think you dont eat enough. Read this http://eatmore2weighless.com/about-em2wl/.

I am disabled and hardly do any activity and eat more and lose weight. Lost about 10 kg starting jan 2015. And eat between the 1500 and 1900 cal. Have to lose about 2 kg and than I'm at a healthy BMI ;)
  • TerraThomas1
    Options
    the point is not the alcohol itself...the point is that you get to much calories. and approx 1000 calories is a lot when you have a small deficit.

You dont lose weight when you consume to much calories, however you look at it.
    So you eat or drink to much.

All up to you how you solve it.

I agree and wish I could solve it more easily, but here is what my weekly calorie intake consists of including food and exercise:

Sunday - 1200 calories consumed....9 or 10 mile run. 30 min strength training. Sunday is my long day at the gym
    Monday - 1200 calories consumed...7.5 mile run
    Tuesday - 1200 calories consumed....7.5 mile run
    Wednesday - 1200 calories consumed...7.5 mile run. 30 min strength training
    Thursday - 1200 calories consumed...no workout
    Friday - 1200 calories of food, 500-600 calories of alcohol...7.5 mile run
    Saturday - 1200 calories of food, 500-600 calories of alcohol...7.5 mile run

I do not eat back any of my burned calories. I just do not get it, it is very frustrating!! if you see something shining out that I do not let me know. But you would think with the amount of exercise and keeping strictly at 1200 calories I would see a loss, even if I do drink 2x a week.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    do you really weigh all your solid food on a food scale?
    You eat every day exactly 1200 calories?

do you also use tsp, tbs and cups?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I am 5'5" and 130lbs and I am losing weight...fast...eating an average of 1600 cals a day and rowing about 50km a week, lifting 1-2 times a week, plus whatever I do on the weekends. I binge pretty much every Friday night and sometimes into Saturday. I actually need to stop losing weight.
  • Gska17
    Options
    Hmmmm. Our alcohol consumption is similar and I lost reliably for a long time.

1. Are you relying on the exercise calories MFP assigns? I cut them in half (them see pretty inflated to me).
    2. Ditto @TheOwlhouseDesigns, are you weighing everything?
  • TerraThomas1
    Options
    do you really weigh all your solid food on a food scale?
    You eat every day exactly 1200 calories?

do you also use tsp, tbs and cups?

I weight everything! Since being so frustrated I have even started to weight silly things like watermelon, grapes, carrot sticks. All in Grams, not Oz.

I measure all liquids, salad dressings, pb2, oils etc.

I guess there is always room for error, but I would not think I am +/- 50 cals off.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    Hmmmm. Our alcohol consumption is similar and I lost reliably for a long time.

1. Are you relying on the exercise calories MFP assigns? I cut them in half (them see pretty inflated to me).
    2. Ditto @TheOwlhouseDesigns, are you weighing everything?

yes i weigh ALL my solid food on a food scale.
    And i measure my liquids

Only way to get it as accurate as possible

And i have my guiness and pink Andre from time to time too and no problem losing weight

• BWBTrish
    Options
    lol you think weighing watermelon and grapes and carots is silly?????

They have calories isnt it?

open your diary maybe people here can help you better

But for sure you consume calories more than you think
  • BWBTrish
    edited May 2015
    Options
    And for example i had today 1 serving of the fathers variety cheesecake ( 56 gram is 210 calories)
    I weigh my piece of cheese cake good for 68 gram so good for 255 calories
    45 calories more for one piece of food today because the serving size on the package was not the real size of my piece of cheesecake

So yes i weigh EVERYTHING
    But i am not the one here having problems losing weight.
    Lost 90 pounds since the first of October 2014.

So lets focus to help OP and see if we can find why she dont lose weight.
  • Gska17
    Options

I was echoing your comment (ditto = agreeing). :)

• BWBTrish
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »

I was echoing your comment (ditto = agreeing). :)

KK :) sorry

• Gska17
    Options
    No prob! :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    So yes i weigh EVERYTHING
    But i am not the one here having problems losing weight.

story of my forum life.... lol
  • ogmios2
    ogmios2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe we're focusing on the wrong things and losing sight of the real benefits we're seeking. Is attaining a certain weight, the actual end goal that will make us happy? Weight, as a measurement of success is probably not the best way to proceed. It is very subjective. It depends on context and a lot of factors, and a formula for what is "healthy weight" is not the same for everyone. Same weight/height on 2 people can mean quite different things when it comes to their body shape and inside the body.

I understand that the remaining 5lbs can be frustrating and angering, but it may just become symbolic at this point. Maybe OP has reached a good level for her body type and the actual weight is actually what is ok for her and not just a generic formula. Maybe, her body fat is low and replaced by more muscle, etc. At the end of the day, I would ask those questions: Do I feel good about my body image? Do I feel healthy? Am I actually healthy? Is that 5lbs really affecting anything? Why must I really lose it? If the 5lbs is source of angst and stop OP from enjoying life, then what's the point?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ogmios2 wrote: »
    Maybe we're focusing on the wrong things and losing sight of the real benefits we're seeking. Is attaining a certain weight, the actual end goal that will make us happy? Weight, as a measurement of success is probably not the best way to proceed. It is very subjective. It depends on context and a lot of factors, and a formula for what is "healthy weight" is not the same for everyone. Same weight/height on 2 people can mean quite different things when it comes to their body shape and inside the body.

I understand that the remaining 5lbs can be frustrating and angering, but it may just become symbolic at this point. Maybe OP has reached a good level for her body type and the actual weight is actually what is ok for her and not just a generic formula. Maybe, her body fat is low and replaced by more muscle, etc. At the end of the day, I would ask those questions: Do I feel good about my body image? Do I feel healthy? Am I actually healthy? Is that 5lbs really affecting anything? Why must I really lose it? If the 5lbs is source of angst and stop OP from enjoying life, then what's the point?

great first post!

yeah, when I'm at my last 5.... if its not coming off, I'm not even going to sweat it ;)
  • deaniac83
    deaniac83 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What I'm going to say will sound counterintuitive. Stop working out for at least a week, maybe 2. At all. Your body naturally retains roughly 5 lbs in water and glycogen storage for energy and muscle repair when you work out that hard. Allowing your body to rest for a week or two will allow it to release that extra water.

After your workout break, change up your workout regimen a bit if you still want to lose. Your body gets used to a routine and it gets efficient at it - meaning it spends fewer calories for the same workouts.