protein powder advice needed...

Options
nikipb1
nikipb1 Posts: 33 Member
Hi guys I'm from the UK and I drink phd sculpt and tone whey protein powder. I don't really have weight to lose as I'm 118pounds and 5ft 4.6". I'm looking to become more lean by eating the right diet. Has anyone ever tried the 'Myprotein' shakes? Or is there any other protein powder I could switch to that's less expensive but just as effective as Phd has a great name and recommended by a lot of UK gyms

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    My suggestion is to try any whey protein isolate brand you can afford. Check the protein grams and the calories, the closer the total calories is to 4 times the protein number in grams, the less filler it has.
    I prepare mine with a banana, almond milk and a bit of cinnamon powder in a blender , 45 minutes before a workout.
    I prepare another portion with just plain water, take it to the gym and drink it immediately after my workout

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You should really only use protein powder if you don't get enough protein through your diet but to answer your question, I haven't tried it. You need to find reliable brands as some of the lower tier brands tend to spike with fillers. It's just a lot easier to eat real food to tell you the truth but if I had to recommend a whey protein powder it would be Cutler Nutrition S'mores flavor. Taste is amazing and it isn't too expensive.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    This marketing phrase made me snort "sculpt and tone whey protein".
    It's whey protein powder, not magic!!
    Becoming more lean by eating the right diet is barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid if you are maintaining your weight - it's your training you need to look to for body composition results.

I'm in the UK too and like The Protein Works for their service and range. But just look at it as a supplement to help meet a sensible protein goal if you don't hit your target from your regular food.
  • nikipb1
    nikipb1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    This marketing phrase made me snort "sculpt and tone whey protein".
    It's whey protein powder, not magic!!
    Becoming more lean by eating the right diet is barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid if you are maintaining your weight - it's your training you need to look to for body composition results.

I'm in the UK too and like The Protein Works for their service and range. But just look at it as a supplement to help meet a sensible protein goal if you don't hit your target from your regular food.

I'm not maintaining my weight Yet
    Losing a few pounds and trying to reduce body fat percentage before maintaining it at sane weight. I'm eating clean and I use protein straight after the gym, I do try to get most protein from food but this is a boost