Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dollywood and big guys

Not a good section for this, so I am posting it here:

I'm worried about an upcoming trip to Dollywood (in two weeks). Last time I went there were several rides I could not fit on. I think I now weigh a little less than I did then. Does anyone here know about the girth limits of some of the rides? It would really suck to have lost 45 or 50 pounds and still not be able to ride the coasters.

On a side note, a month ago I was able to fit on an airplane seat much better than my last flight, and I did not need a seat-belt extender, so I am hoping I will fit on the rides at Dollywood better as well.

Your thoughts? Anyone with recent experience there? And yes, I contacted Dollywood. The reps were no help.

Replies

• jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    It's been a couple of years since I've been there, but I seem to remember that on the rides where size may be an issue, there was a "sample" seat near the entrance where you can check to see if you fit or not.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    I was just there last month... the new Eagle coaster does have a sample chair out front of the ride. And so does the mine shaft one... I'm sorry I forget the name. My daughter played in those two, but I don't remember seeing any other ones.

I would try again with someone from Dollywood .. I mean the park isn't free admittance .... they should know the answers/restrictions. It's regulated, so it must be posted/listed somewhere.

Sadly, the day we were there the steam train was down : (
    But, it was a beatiful sunny day ... so it was all good.

Not many healthy food choices we could find. Packed a few of our own snacks.

Hope you have a great time !
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Not a good section for this, so I am posting it here:

I'm worried about an upcoming trip to Dollywood (in two weeks). Last time I went there were several rides I could not fit on. I think I now weigh a little less than I did then. Does anyone here know about the girth limits of some of the rides? It would really suck to have lost 45 or 50 pounds and still not be able to ride the coasters.

On a side note, a month ago I was able to fit on an airplane seat much better than my last flight, and I did not need a seat-belt extender, so I am hoping I will fit on the rides at Dollywood better as well.

Your thoughts? Anyone with recent experience there? And yes, I contacted Dollywood. The reps were no help.

Call them back and ask for someone in the ride maintenance dept or whatever they call it. Keep calling until you get past the ticket sales office...

Ask them what the average WIDTH of the ride seats are. Compare that to how you fit in the airplane seat (the width of which which can usually be figured out online by going to the FAQ sections on airline websites...if not, call them too!)
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Thanks, all, and especially Spinderella95!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Apparently the only thing I lost in ny weight was my double chin. Couldn't fit on any of the coasters. New goal: lose 80 pounds, come back next year and ride every single coaster and zip line it has. I have one more day at Dollywood and a day at Splash Country. We'll see what positives, if any, I come up with for the trip. It royally SUCKS being fat, and even more so when you've lost 40+ pounds and are still so fat you can't ride the rides.