Fat and weight loss stopped for couple of weeks!

Hi guys I've lost 5 kg and 2 inches off my belly starting off from 80kg and 40", but now I'm stuck on 75kg and 38". 

I've  been logging my cals on myfitnesspal and accept for a few glitches my numbers have been below target but not getting anywhere. I do weights and a bit of hiit but mainly sscv after weights. I haven't lost any fat or weight for a weeks and not sure how to proceed. For example according to the last two weeks of net calories I should have lost 2lbs but I haven't.

As I'm  half way to my target would it benefit going on a clean bulking cycle, or maybe doing more hit? Any suggestions?

Replies

• AbiBain
    AbiBain Posts: 29 Member
    I'm saying this a lot today... are you gaining muscle weight at the same rate you're losing fat weight?
  • ssanj10
    ssanj10 Posts: 30 Member
    I feel more toned in recent days but my belly hasn't dropped at all.
    My physique is generally quite slim but my belly is quite large.
    Feel free to check my food diary, I'd appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks for the reply.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    You are not going to see weight/fat loss every week. You are not going to see changes to your circumference (of any body part) every week.
  • AbiBain
    Give it another week or two and see what happens first, you've probably just hit a threshold and you'll break it soon.
  • ssanj10
    I was worried that my metabolism has just slowed and my body is now just used to the cardio and diet so just stopped burning the fat.
  • AbiBain
    In that case, switch up your routine, do a different exercise and alter your foods. Make it burn!
  • jemhh
    How long have you been losing weight?

Your body does not just stop burning fat when it is used to cardio and diet. It stops burning fat when you are no longer eating in a deficit. But two weeks with no weight loss does not mean that you are plateaued.
  • ssanj10
    I could probably add more protein supplements to my diet but that would push me over the 1500 calories I've been allocated.
  • jemhh
    What are your:

height
    weight
    exercise habits?

And how long have you been losing weight?
  • ssanj10
    Im 37 male, 5' 9", 75kg, pretty sedentary without exercise. I do exercise around 4 times a week two of those being weights before cardio. I lost 5kg from around October to December last year which I was pleased about. However I only recalculated my calorie requirement based on my new weight about two weeks ago.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    edited May 2015
    Under-eating... that's effective and sustainable... not very.

Thanks to MFP defaults, and not using my brain or listening to my body enough, I under-ate for 2 years here. It was a complete FAIL for the long term.
  • jemhh
    I just looked at your food diary. You are using a lot of generic entries, which leads me to believe that you are not weighing your food with a digital scale and aren't measuring anything with a measuring cup/spoon. That is likely the big problem. You are eating more than you think you are. With your current habits, you calculate out as having averaged 1681 and 1687 calories per day for last week and the week before. That's not a lot for a man BUT it's also clearly not accurate. Do a much better job weighing/measuring and logging and you will start losing weight.
  • ssanj10
    A lot of it is certainly generic, home made indian food and chapattis etc are very difficult to quantify.
  • jemhh
    Oh fiddlesticks. Use the recipe builder. Don't use homemade food as an excuse. Thousands of MFPers build American, Indian, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, etc. recipes every day.
  • ssanj10
    Ok thanks but i really can't imagine having less food than i already do.
  • jemhh
    Well then exercise more. That's the trade off. I'd love to eat a sleeve of saltines with butter every night but prefer not being fat anymore so I don't eat that. Weight loss means giving up some food unless you increase your calorie expenditure accordingly.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    ssanj10 wrote: »
    Ok thanks but i really can't imagine having less food than i already do.

If you're just picking random entries from the database, the calories are almost bound to be way off. You need to use the recipe builder for what you make, including the specific brands of ingredients you use & their weights, in order to get accurate numbers.

You could be eating more or less than you think. The recipe builder & a scale help with that.

Also, you only need to be concerned if your weight loss doesn't progress for 4 weeks or more - that's including no changes in measurements.

I highly HIGHLY recommend you use the recipe builder so you can fine-tune your logging.

~Lyssa
  • ssanj10
    Thanks guys seems I have a lot more work to do.