New here...sort of

Options
acstl
acstl Posts: 32 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi...I just signed on after months away. I have been using FitBit, and it suddenly stopped working, so I came back here. I'm a retired high school teacher, husband, dad, and proud grandpa of 5. This summer my MD told me I was early stage diabetes so no more playing around with my weight. At that time I was 240...my heaviest. I am currently at 190. My first goal was hitting 199, my next to 185. Anxious to make some new friends on this journey of getting healthy.

Replies

• ByeByeBeetis
    ByeByeBeetis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome. I just reactivated my MFB account as well. I wasn't successful at stopping the diabetes progression and had my "come to Jesus" meeting with my MD recently. So I'm paying attention again and hoping to return to my weight target hit a couple years ago (the last time I used MFP). This time however it's not just general food quality improvement accompanied by caloric reductions, but very specific changes to keep blood sugar in check. I'm a couple days in to tracking food but haven't kicked off the exercise component yet.