Cheating

Options
DemonElvis
DemonElvis Posts: 13 Member
Okay, everybody listen up. If you're really having extreme cravings, just eat what you're craving. Have a cheat day once a week. Im not saying have an all-out binge, but having a cheat day is perfectly acceptable, unless you just started dieting. Maybe wait until you're about a month in, and then start incorporating ONE cheat day a week. As long as you don't eat until you're sick, it won't ruin your progress. Yes, you'll have more weight the next day, but that is from water retention, and this can actually give your metabolism a minor boost. On top of that, it helps you be more strict during the other six days of the week, knowing that you can eat what you want on that seventh day. Trust me, it works.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Or just eat what you like within your calories so you don't end up binging on your 'cheat' day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Or don't. Do what works for you. :)
  • bigdaddy_sam
    bigdaddy_sam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    DemonElvis wrote: »
    Okay, everybody listen up. If you're really having extreme cravings, just eat what you're craving. Have a cheat day once a week. Im not saying have an all-out binge, but having a cheat day is perfectly acceptable, unless you just started dieting. Maybe wait until you're about a month in, and then start incorporating ONE cheat day a week. As long as you don't eat until you're sick, it won't ruin your progress. Yes, you'll have more weight the next day, but that is from water retention, and this can actually give your metabolism a minor boost. On top of that, it helps you be more strict during the other six days of the week, knowing that you can eat what you want on that seventh day. Trust me, it works.

Thanks for the tip :)
  • DemonElvis
    DemonElvis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well yeah, do whatever works for you. But what I'm saying is, if you have a cheat day once a week, it's nothing to feel guilty about. If you eat bad once a week, it's not going to hurt you, just like if you are good once a week, it wouldn't help you. Whatever you do consistently is what will affect you.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Well yeah, do whatever works for you. But what I'm saying is, if you have a cheat day once a week, it's nothing to feel guilty about. If you eat bad once a week, it's not going to hurt you, just like if you are good once a week, it wouldn't help you. Whatever you do consistently is what will affect you.

So...if my daily calorie deficit is 250 calories (1/2 lb per week weight loss), and on my "cheat day" I exceed my calorie goal by 1600 calories, I will still lose weight?
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I personally do a cheat day once a week which is working for me. Not all ppl can or even want to do that. Everyone has to do what is best for them
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    meme.jpg
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

How about I eat whatever I feel like eating, and making sure it all fits into my daily calories? AND NOT FEEL GUILTY AT ALL!!! :noway:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    dkoptmqribge.gif

How bout I just fit what I want into my calories everyday? Cheat infers one is doing something wrong, guess what? I'm not!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Oh to be 18 and know everything again...
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had a day during which I went overboard, probably well within the confines of a "cheat day" definition. When I logged those calories, the following FOUR days' deficits were needed to counteract that one day. A "cheat day" does not work for me when most of the week is spent trying to level out its effects. It would take me a month to lose a pound. No, no, thank you.

I mean, do the math and see if you can swing it but I certainly can't.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

This DID cross my mind.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Or just eat what you like within your calories so you don't end up binging on your 'cheat' day.

^^This. The phrase "cheat day" is a pet peeve of mine. It implies you are doing something wrong and some people even use it as a reward, which in my mind you shouldn't do. That doesn't help develop a healthy relationship with food in my opinion. Plus, when I did them in the past they usually set me back a bit, so not worth it. I'd rather fit what I want in my calories. If I feel hungrier than usual (like around TOM) sometimes I will kick into maintenance, but that's about it.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sorry I have one of you at home I don't need it here too...
    ceoverturf wrote: »

but seriously

I eat my chocolate every night with my diet coke and I eat out whenever I so choose I just say in goal over the day and week...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Or I could eat all the things every day and make them fit into my daily intake.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this while eating 105g of Talenti Caramel Apple Pie gelato...

Clearly I'm going to hell. :mrgreen: