Felling frustrated

Hi My name is Nicole I have been on a diet for over a month now and I have lost 20 pounds. I lost quite a bit the first 3 weeks and now I'm not losing any weight at all. I work out, eat healthy, and I am also on the fitsticks. My husband is dieting with me which makes things a little easier for me. He is my rock, my motivator, and he is always making me feel good about myself, but I want to lose 80 more pounds to get to where I need to be and that is healthier for my age and height. I just currently changed my calorie intake to 1400 I was at 1200 but I was told that I needed to eat more. Can anyone give me advice on how to lose more weight on my weekly weigh ins. I would like to lose 2 to 3 pounds a week. Last week I did not lose any and so far this week I have lost one pound. Please help me! Any advice is much appreciated.

Replies

• bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Hi there! I did a quick look at your food diary and while it appears you may be eating fewer calories - quality of calories does count for something. You are going pretty well over your sugar intake daily, and have a relative high carb diet and studies have shown more fiber and higher fat diets actually do better for overall weight loss. Also, are you measuring your food with measuring cups and a scale? I have a scale in my kitchen and I weigh all my meat, cheeses, etc. so I know exactly how many ounces I'm putting in my body of each. Secondly, what type of workouts are you doing? You need to make sure and add resistance exercises to your routine - this will allow for additional oxygen consumption after you complete your workout, begin to build more muscle which will alter your metabolism and burn more calories, also your workout will be less stagnant. Congrats on losing the 20 pounds! That's an accomplishment! I can tell you that I've drastically altered my eating habits the past few weeks and I consistently lose at least 1-1.5 pounds per week (mostly because I'm not trying to push farther than that). You can feel free to add me as a friend and I can help motivate you as much as I can. You can also look at my diary - for example, my breakfast is oatmeal mixed with 68 grams (2 ounces) of canadian bacon, green onions, and some salt and pepper. It's delicious, filling, high fiber, decent protein, and contains very little sugar - keeps me going for a few hours. for lunch I'm currently obssessed with a tortilla filled with baked marinated portobello mushrooms, roasted pepper, green onion, goat or feta cheese, and hot peppers. Again, more veggies and fiber - less sugar. My workout routine is run a mile on the treadmill at different speed intervals then I do 5-10 minutes of heavy weight lifting and get back on the treadmill for another mile run. It keeps my body guessing what I'm going to do next, and I feel I get a better workout then just "running' or "elliptical". Best of luck! I hope this was able to help you.
  • ibelieveinlife
    ibelieveinlife Posts: 20 Member
    Hi Nicole, I think you are doing very well. Not all weeks are same for anyone. We tend to lose water weight more quickly than anything else. When we start exercising we gain muscles and lose fat, muscles are always heavier.Continue the good work, you will see the difference dont be phased by weekly ups and downs :smiley:
  • mjstewies
    mjstewies Posts: 50 Member
    Hi Nicole. It looks like you're in the same boat as me and I don't think you should add calories. I keep my calories under 1300 at least 5 days a week and then give myself a couple days with a little more (1500-1800) but only if I feel like it. It usually means a few beers on the weekend. :) I'm doing good with that. I did look at your diary and I have a couple things I really like. Those fruit bars and smoothies are pretty high in calories so maybe you should trade those for something like berries and yogurt or something. I also really like Aunt Millies 35 cal oatmeal bread, and don't forget the weight watchers toffee ice cream bars. I have one every night to curb my sweet tooth. Yum! Just some thoughts. You really have been doing GREAT!! Good luck! You can DO this!!