green tea help...

Options
After reading a post on the benefits of green tea today i decided to get some despite me hating tea. I am having a horrible time getting it down...it is gross to me.

What do some of you add to it to make it taste better? Because I know I wont drink if it tastes like it naturally does every time.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    lemon and honey ..... or 1 or the other ... ... i also put orange slices in mine to give it an orange taste ...good luck
  • Shanyb
    Shanyb Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm about to try it myself, and I've read that lemon and some type of sweetener help. :happy: We shall see...
  • lae1
    lae1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Bancha tea is roasted green tea. I think it tastes less bitter. If you like it sweeter, use stevia which is natural and has no calories.
  • maur52een
    maur52een Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, try putting one or two star of anise ( I think this how you spell it) buy from supermarket in herbs and spices or make some chia and use green tea as the base. Or you can mix it with some other flavoured teas, such as cinnamon. A visit to a speciality tea shop would help you work out what flavours might work. You could mix them according to your own personal taste.
    I make my own chia with fresh spices, yum
  • chicletgirl
    chicletgirl Posts: 113
    Options
    You know I just visited the doctor and had decided to finally be serious and go on a diet. She had weighed me the month before and when she weighed me this time I had lost 9 pounds. I had not changed anything I had eaten at all and I actually thought I had gained weight! I was shocked! we discussed it and came to the conclussion that it was the green tea that I had started just drinking that month. (I started because it was getting to expensive to buy diet cok all the time. I use mixed berry green tea from lipton. Sometimes I add and additional flavor in it just for fun. I use splenda also. I figure I go through a pitcher of tea every day. It seems to work for me and I always drink a glass before I eat, even breakfast!
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Definetely lemon & honey...or some ginger could be really really good!
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    You know I just visited the doctor and had decided to finally be serious and go on a diet. She had weighed me the month before and when she weighed me this time I had lost 9 pounds. I had not changed anything I had eaten at all and I actually thought I had gained weight! I was shocked! we discussed it and came to the conclussion that it was the green tea that I had started just drinking that month. (I started because it was getting to expensive to buy diet cok all the time. I use mixed berry green tea from lipton. Sometimes I add and additional flavor in it just for fun. I use splenda also. I figure I go through a pitcher of tea every day. It seems to work for me and I always drink a glass before I eat, even breakfast!

Wow that is great! I am gonna try it!! Thanks!
  • Thick80
    Thick80 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Doesn't taking green tea extract have the same benefits as drinking green tea?
  • stacithomas94
    Options
    I have decided to cut down on soda, so I think tea will be a good starting point. Thanks for the post.