How often do you usually eat a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert. I usually eat breakfast around 8-9am, lunch around noon or 1pm, snack around 3, dinner around 6:30-7:00pm and dessert around 8-9pm.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty frequently, but it's mostly small stuff -- a ~150kcal breakfast, a ~100kcal pre-workout snack (if it's a gym day), a ~300kcal lunch, a ~500kcal dinner, and then maybe a 100-200kcal bedtime snack. Except for the past few days, during which I just drank all the wine and ate all the pizza with no apparent regard to timing or calories. Whoops.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Two meals, not including coffee, sometimes with one snack.
    I have my morning coffee at 7am at work,
    Lunch at noon,
    Dinner between 6-7.

Sometimes I have a snack around 4 because I work in a daycare and seeing everybody eating snack makes it hard to say no some days.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    4 times a day, usually:

Breakfast snack @ 9ish
    Snack snack @ 11:30-12

I consider both of these nibbles as snacks because they're around the same 150 calorie mark.

Lunch @ 1:30-2
    Dinner @ 7ish
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Twice a day on rest days, three on lifting days. About 1000 calories per meal, all within a 4 hour window, but sometimes a little longer. No snacking.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Twice usually. I don't have set times or a set number but 2 meals a day feels natural to me. It's not a weight loss thing though, I ate this way when I gained weight.
  • Addiewe
    Addiewe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used to have a morning and afternoon snack, in addition to breakfast lunch and dinner, but now I just eat the three main meals. I think I was spreading my calories out, eating just enough to get by until the next snack/meal, and as a result I was never fully satiated. I have found that just eating a decent sized meal I am full enough to make it to the next meal without a snack. Especially if the meals are protein rich.

Yes, this. Recently switched from eating several times a day, to three: a smaller breakfast (under 300 cal) a larger lunch (around 700 cal) then a med dinner (around 500 cal). Usually lunch and dinner include a sweet treat. I rarely snack anymore, I'm just not hungry during the day until it is mealtime. My energy levels also seem to have increased.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    There's too many kinds of answers and they're all personal to what works for each individual.

Just find what works for you.

Me? I can't "snack" or "graze". I prefer my three squares, and plenty of tea breaks. I will sometimes allow space for a sweet in the evening.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    monday to friday - 6 meals / day
    saturday / sunday - 4 meals
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I stick to three meals a day!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Breakfast 5.00 am toast
    12.00 dinner sandwich .fruit .
    4pm..lunch protein. .veg..yoghurt

That's me ....
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Breakfast between 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM - I always eat breakfast, because I tend to make baaad lunch decisions if I don't. (I used to never eat breakfast . . . That changed when I started trying to lose weight.) I usually have a homemade smoothie.

Lunch between 11:00 and 12:00 - I found a healthy fast food place, like "brown rice with yummy veggies and fruit on top" healthy, and I usually go there for lunch. (Costs an arm and a leg, though.)

Sometimes I have a snack between lunch and dinner, this varies a lot depending what I have on hand. Often a hardboiled egg or some carrots. Sometimes a mini container of ice cream.

Dinner between 7 PM and 11 PM - I tend to be a late eater. Dinner is kind of "whenever."
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    usually 3 meals and a snack or two.

breakfast- 9:30ish
    lunch- 12 or 1
    snack- 3ish
    dinner-6 or 7

sometimes I'll eat a snack after dinner if I'm hungry