Hi, I'm Molly. This is a lifestyle change, what works for you?

I am turning over a new leaf, trying to eat better (within my financial means) and exercise. So far I can tell it's been great for my body. I definitely feel better. I have eliminated most dairy and I've gone very low-carb. Obviously no sugars like cakes, candies or soda, but I've eliminated bread and pastas for the most part. I try to substitute with oat flour or soy flour (didn't know how delicious spaghetti squash is with pasta sauce!).
I don't follow any well-known diet like Atkins or Weight Watchers. Some people try to call what I've been doing Paleo, but I know it's not. I'm a coffee lover and I enjoy the occasional beer. It's especially hard when my husband asks me to pick up food on the way home, I have to tell myself no, which is very hard with fried chicken smell in my car! He's very supportive of my efforts but he's not going to participate :wink:
After a lot of reading, it seems like calorie counting isn't entirely effective, it depends on where the calories come from. I have an insatiable sweet tooth and I have found a great recipe for cookies using coconut oil, dark chocolate, oat flour substitutes I plan on sharing
I am new to this fitness & healthy eating lifestyle, it's a change but for the better. Looking to be fit & healthy not a body-builder. I'm open to new ideas on exercises preferably knee/back/post-baby friendly and recipes.

<3
Molly

Replies

• kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    I've found calorie counting extremely effective and I have not eliminated anything from my diet. Logging accurately and exercising regularly worked for me... (90 pounds down, 2 more to goal!)