Just starting. Need advice and tips

Options
I am just starting this thing. I need to lose weight. Even my boyfriend isn't attracted to me anymore. He's trying though he's still awfully sweet though. I need tips and advice. If I can just steadily lose a little weight every week I'll be ok. I own a treadmeal and bought those weight loss shoes everyones wearing... I need real advice.

Replies

• edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Set your calories up for 1200 or so and then just eat back half of the calories you burn from exercise each day. Try Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown...its really fun and its got dynamic moves to burn fat! Also I love her 30 day shred although its tough in the begining! Good luck!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Track all the calories you consume and exercise. The hardest part is starting - once you get going, the results you will see will provide the motivation. Stick with it, because you will see results, but it sometimes takes a bit of time.

What kind of exercise do you prefer?
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Losing weight isnt science, its math. If you want to be successful all you have to do is take your weight and multiply that by 10. Example....200 pounds x 10 = 2000. Thats the amount of calories that your body will burn throughout a normal day just by being awake. and breathing. Next take that number and multiply it by 7. Example.....2000 x 0.7 = 1400. That should be your daily calorie intake for a good diet. Now add some exercise into the mix and eat back half of those calories. So if you burn 300 calories doing yoga, you will eat another 150 calories in your diet that day. This gives you a deficit of calories, and we all know that means weight loss. The process is actually very simple, its staying true to yourself and counting everything that you eat that is the hard part. Following the example that i gave you should give you a minimum of 1 pound loss or week. depending on your actual size. This is fact. No mystery with it. Plain and simple. Good luck.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i'm glad u made the decision 2 lose the weight, but remember:

lose weight for u & only U!

just follow the advice of the calories allowance & don't 4get 2 eat whatever calories u burn off back. & log it in2 MFP. it'll help keep u accountable. & friends on here will support u. that's y i like this place. i get the support here that i know i need.

WELCOME!!! :happy:
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I think the thing that is helping me the most second to MFP is my measuring spoons, cups, and food scale!!! I am new to the site too and I love it!!! One month on the 18th and 9 pounds down! Good luck!