herbalife shakes

Options
just wondering if anyone has or is doing the herbalife shakes?

today is day 4 for me and its going well.
im not replacing food per say, only breakfast, as i rarely eat breakfast, for lunch i top up the calories to 500 and then have a 500 cal dinner.
this app has said i should be around 1600 calories a day so im sticking by it.

i cant excersise for a while as ive done 3 disks and 3 facet joints in my back, and ungreatfully gained 20kg in 6 months :(
all that has tolped me out at my heaviest at 139kg. for a 32 year old i feel ashamed of myself.

but anyway i just wanted to hear from people who have done the herbalife shakes and what results you have had?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    This is a topic that begs you to use the search features. Zillions of old threads on this. But my two cents worth: skip the shakes and just eat food that adds up to your calorie goal. Tastes better and better for you.
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We sound the same! I have a back injury and I am only 27! I'm officially at my heaviest (not counting pregnancy but pretty close). I drink Premier protein shakes at work in the morning. Lots of protein and low on the sugar and carbs.
  • nichole0483
    nichole0483 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do herbalife shakes twice a day breakfast and lunch. I love them.I started about 2 months ago and have lost about 20 lbs. I'm bad with food. I think that doing the shakes has actually curbed my cravings and given me a routine I'm able to stick to.
    Everyone has something that works for them..do what makes you comfortable. As long as you hit your goals in a healthy way you should be fine.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time and money on that junk. It's a mlm scam. It's low quality junk. You could buy a better quality protein powder at the store, for much less money. Herbalife, shakeology, and the list goes on, they're all junk.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I do herbalife shakes twice a day breakfast and lunch. I love them.I started about 2 months ago and have lost about 20 lbs. I'm bad with food. I think that doing the shakes has actually curbed my cravings and given me a routine I'm able to stick to.
    Everyone has something that works for them..do what makes you comfortable. As long as you hit your goals in a healthy way you should be fine.
    So how does drinking shakes eventually make you "good" with food? And are you willing to pay for shakes the rest of your life? What happens if you have a family and have to cook?
    The thought should be LONG TERM lifestyle change, not one just to lose a few pounds.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png