1208 steps?

Options
Today when went to GA state park to the Amicalola falls. We walked 1/4 mile up hill then walked 175 steps and then 425 steps up the falls . It's stairs.. Then we can back down hill walking the same steps and the 1/4 mile again. I figured up walking for an hour total upstairs. And then 20 minutes leisurely downhill. It was iffy on the time and all but i think I rounded it out well.. Fitness tracker said 700+ calories. I think that is AWESOME.. The muscles around my knees where pissed off big time at me and shook all the way down and felt like jello. Anyways what are some ways around home I can burn that many calories and not walking on the treadmill FOREVER.. I can't really run either.

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Start Gardening, you can burn lots and lots of calories doing it, plus you get the organic fresh veggies
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Well you said it yourself that it took an hour and twenty minutes to burn that many calories. You will get the same results doing lots of exercises for that amount of time. You could walk on the treadmill or outside, you could swim, you could exercise on any number of machines actually or if you enjoyed the stairs find a set of stairs and have at it! I have my aerobic step by my desk at work and try to do 5 minutes of stepping every hour and it really has started to improve my butt and legs and get my heart rate up which helps me burn more calories! You could buy a step aerobic video and do that and burn alot of calories too. The one thing I have found out that sucks is as you lose weight the same activity that you did for an hour that use to burn 600 calories now only burns 400. I guess that is a good thing because your body is getting more efficient at handling what you are throwing at it but it still sucks!