fitness tracker

Looking for a fitness tracker. What do others use and which is the best

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    It depends what you want and need.

I'm only interested in a device that measures my steps, mileage and calories burned. So I ended up getting a fitbit zip. It does all 3 things perfectly.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Here's a short review from an MFP member on the Fitbit One. Might consider that. realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/fitbit-i-have-used-a-fitbit-product-almost-247
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    If you spend much time in water, the only Fitbit model is the Flex which is water resistant to 10 meters. I have one and love it.

Decide what features are important to you: steps, sleep, HRM, water resistance, etc. and go from there.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Read the forums for problems as well as praise. If you google the tracker you are interested in with the word problems or complaints you'll find out what you need to know. Some trackers can cause skin allergies.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Usually what these questions result in is a series of "I have a (insert device here) and I love it"posts. Think about what data points you want to track ... what activities you do ... and go from there to match capabilities to desires. In reality the options range from under $10 pedometers that don't sync with anything but provide basic step data to GPS, HRM, activity tracking combo platters. Which, if any, device best matches your needs and wants really depends upon first addressing the factors in my second sentence.