Lose final 10-15 lbs in 60 days

Seigla
Seigla Posts: 172 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Back story:
So, about two years ago I was at my heaviest I at about 235 lbs (the result of a gradual weight can as a student + a rapid weight gain when I stopped smoking). I decided that it was time to lose and I did this in a few steps, with months long breaks in between. While losing I would often lose a kilogram (2-3 lbs) per week for months in a row. The breaks were long but I did not gain significantly during them. During a break I would focus on other things in my life, making it hard to motivate to continue with this goal. Now I am in a losing phase again, and I am now 185 lbs, my record low in 7-8 years or so (a month ago I was 195 lbs). I feel good; I can move much more quickly (which is useful for my side job (garbage man), where I am one of the fastest workers now, and for triathlons), people I meet call me "a lean guy" (this is new and has happened multiple times this month)

The goal:
I want to lose the final 10-15 lbs (and become 170-175 lbs). It's hard to set a precise goal, as it was a while ago when I was around this weight (10 years; I was 165 lbs, but I am quite sure that I gained some muscle mass since then so this weight is too low for me now). I want to do this in 60 days. I am sure it can be done much quicker, but no need to hurry.

Method:
- Increase exercise (the triathlon season has started, so I am extremely motivated for this)
- Change diet: eat more vegetables, minimize fast food (not avoid it completely, that would be too strict)

Motivation:
- Better triathlon times
- Become better (quicker) at doing physical work (chores, my side job)
- Look better
- Finally complete this goal -> start focussing on other goals (maintenance/further improving diet and exercise)

In this thread:
- I am always interested in advice and feedback
- I will post updates on my progress
- You are welcome to join me if you have similar goals and post updates on your progress as well!

Replies