Lose 35-40 pounds in 2 months

Options
13»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So you don't want people to give you the only realistic advice you'll receive? Okay. Go for it, but when your hair starts falling out and you have no energy to go to the gym, remember why you decided to do this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    Remember if you are going to the gym mix it up, also remember muscle weighs more than fat so when you may start losing weight it may not show on scale. You will feel better for your vacation and that's what's matters.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat!!! A pound is a pound whether it be feathers or bricks. Muscle takes up less room than fat (picture a ten pound bag of potatoes strapped to your *kitten* and then picture a ten pound barbell strapped to your *kitten*). Building muscle is beneficial in many ways and there are lots of people on the boards well equipped to discuss it (I am not one of them) but that statement drives me bonkers......

LOL
  • twoshakeslambstail
    twoshakeslambstail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry but like others have said there is no way to lose that amount of weight in such a short amount of time.
    I have seen my friends do dramatic diets that has led them to lose 20lbs in two weeks but then they plateau for weeks, give up and gain 30 back.
    You're going to need to be much more realistic- try eating 5-6 smaller meals a day to aid in boosting your metabolism and exercising at least half an hour a day and be glad to reach whatever weightloss you achieve before you go. You're only setting yourself up for failure, like my friends with theor their dramatic diets have have.
    Half your goAl to losing about 20lb in two months, you'll be looking at an average of around 2.5lb per week which is still hard but not unheard of to achieve.
    Good luck!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    I feel this is a posting by a troll (see the user name). Still I'm replying by saying it took me 6 months to lose 33 lbs, and mind you: I think it was indeed much too fast, but having been sick it just happened. But anything faster than that would not have been sustainable at all.
  • CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Remember if you are going to the gym mix it up, also remember muscle weighs more than fat so when you may start losing weight it may not show on scale. You will feel better for your vacation and that's what's matters.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat!!! A pound is a pound whether it be feathers or bricks. Muscle takes up less room than fat (picture a ten pound bag of potatoes strapped to your *kitten* and then picture a ten pound barbell strapped to your *kitten*). Building muscle is beneficial in many ways and there are lots of people on the boards well equipped to discuss it (I am not one of them) but that statement drives me bonkers......

+1
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

People who understand density but claim not to know what people mean when they say muscle weighs more than fat drives me bonkers. Maybe you go through life "correcting" people by telling them that lead and styrofoam weigh the same because a pound is a pound.

When people say one thing weighs more than another, they're implying equal volume and different densities.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Sorry but like others have said there is no way to lose that amount of weight in such a short amount of time.
    I have seen my friends do dramatic diets that has led them to lose 20lbs in two weeks but then they plateau for weeks, give up and gain 30 back.
    You're going to need to be much more realistic- try eating 5-6 smaller meals a day to aid in boosting your metabolism and exercising at least half an hour a day and be glad to reach whatever weightloss you achieve before you go. You're only setting yourself up for failure, like my friends with theor their dramatic diets have have.
    Half your goAl to losing about 20lb in two months, you'll be looking at an average of around 2.5lb per week which is still hard but not unheard of to achieve.
    Good luck!

Nope outdated info.

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    35-40 pounds in 60 days is not smart. I'll say what you don't want to hear: reduce your expectations and lose weight in the slow and steady way. You'll be less likely to gain it all back afterwards if you do.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVx3XtRL9Q-Dx3PSjvlMSO8YAGa9Avhb8yymsQ0PSZPG9LT8pchiY57cr8
  • ME11tt
    ME11tt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whether you look like a fertility goddess or a warrior goddess remember to love yourself and your beautiful body, because self hatred never helped anyone lose a single pound.

MY STORY:
    I started working out on April 1st and started tracking what I eat with MFP April 7th. Honestly I've never felt this good in my whole life. I've dropped 4 dress sizes and have lost 13ish pounds since April 1st. I was hoping for 40 pounds, but this is better. My workout includes a mixture of cardio and strength training, and takes 60-95 minutes 5-6 days a week. I'm eating a bit over a thousand calories a day.

The scale is a big fat liar. Muscle is sexy and more dense, so trust thine tape measure.

Remember to love yourself and enjoy the journey! <3
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    ME11tt wrote: »
    Whether you look like a fertility goddess or a warrior goddess remember to love yourself and your beautiful body, because self hatred never helped anyone lose a single pound.
    Oh yes it has.

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    The only person I know who lost this kind of weight in 2 months was over 400 lbs and went on a medically supervised liquid diet for a month, prior to bariatric surgery.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    ME11tt wrote: »
    Oh yes it has.

Yup self hate can do that but is it usually done in a healthy way.
  • mjffey
    mjffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    star1407 wrote: »
    Wait.........
    Going to get popcorn so I can enjoy what will fast become another thread of amusement and gifs.

:-)