• Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    *snort*

I did. That's hilarious. :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,652 Member
    Options
    The people who say this always perplex me. Please do not take this as snark, but if you cannot eat that much, how did you gain weight to begin with?
    Always a laugher.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Are you sure of the number of calories your burning? 30DS was way more toning that it was calorie burn for me.

^This. Are you sure you haven't overestimated the amount of calories you've burned?

I got a HRM and 30DS did not burn very much. Yes I used muscles and was tired but calorie burn it was pretty low.
  • micki1076
    micki1076 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to lose weight then you most likely don't want to eat all of the calories that you burn. In order to lose you will want a calorie deficit. Don't listen to the fools who are telling you to eat fast food and things of the kind. If you want to add some of those calories back eat healthy options high in protein and some healthy fats & carbs. Good Luck
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to lose weight then you most likely don't want to eat all of the calories that you burn. In order to lose you will want a calorie deficit. Don't listen to the fools who are telling you to eat fast food and things of the kind. If you want to add some of those calories back eat healthy options high in protein and some healthy fats & carbs. Good Luck

This represents a fundamental misunderstanding in the way that MFP calculates your goal. The deficit you need is already built in before exercise. Even if you eat back every single calorie you burn through exercise it will still be there.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Hold up girl, none of us are saying "Yep, gorge yourself on Big Macs and pizza" - we are saying it's okay to have those things. Why? Because if you deny yourself something you really want, you'll end up a) feeling guilty for considering it b) eating it and c) feeling guilty for eating it. By allowing yourself the OPTION of having those things in moderation, you are not eliminating anything and therefore, may not feel discouraged or envious which leads to cravings.

I'd never advocate eating a fast-food heavy diet, mainly because I did it for a while and I felt like ****e. I'd also avoid it because it's full of rubbish, pointless calories and low nutrition. But this isn't a debate about the pros and cons of fast food - OP asked how to eat more, or saying she couldn't eat her calorie target. We suggested that she can switch the rubbishy, overpriced and equally lacking in nutrition low calorie food and instead eat calorie dense, higher in fat/protein products that have all over health benefits.

No, you don't have to eat all of your exercise calories. You don't have to eat any of them. But don't be surprised if you feel tired or lethargic or if your workouts are less effective. Also, be mindful of the fact MFP *does* overestimate calorie burn.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    30-day shred burns approx 200 calories if that - that's not even a whole avocado, or very much peanutbutter, or a handful of nuts, or much of a whole lot of other healthy things....